THIRTEEN

"Shh stop crying, it's alright.", Jeongguk whispers, rocking the baby in his arms.

Chansol has been quite restless throughout the day; nothing seemed to be able to soothe him and he cried a lot more than he usually does.

But Jeongguk can't blame him. Chansol's probably able to feel Jeongguk's negative feelings.

Jeongguk's really sorry for putting the poor baby through that, but he can't help it. He's already tried to cheer Chansol up a bit and clean his head from those negative thoughts but it doesn't work.

Yesterday's argument with Taehyung sticks deep inside his bones and he thinks about it the whole day.

Jeongguk knows that he has to be careful what he says when he talks to Taehyung but somehow he always makes the same mistake.

Jeongguk always manages to say something false. He has good intentions but he seems not to be able to express it in the right way.

The young male doesn't want Taehyung to feel like he wants to interfere in his life, Jeongguk only wants to help Taehyung and show him that despite he's only his housekeeper, Taehyung can talk to him.

Jeongguk knows, in such a situation like Taehyung's it's essential to talk to someone. Of course, it won't make the pain go away magically, but it would show the elder that he's not alone in this situation.

Jeongguk knows how Taehyung's feeling, even if it's not the same, he was in a very similar situation.

He sighs and continues to whisper sweet nothings into Chansol's ear.

This is slowly beginning to stress him. He doesn't know what to do anymore in order to calm the baby down.

He hates having an argument with someone, he's just not able to think about anything else afterwards. Jeongguk always wants to talk it out as soon as possible.

Fortunately, his efforts seem to work eventually. Chansol calms down, now tired from his long crying session.

Jeongguk keeps walking around in Chansol's room, rocking the baby softly in his arms, humming a soothing tune.

Suddenly, he hears somebody coming upstairs. A little later, Taehyung sticks his head through the door, looking at Jeongguk directly.

"Hey, Jeongguk. Could you please come downstairs when you finish here? I want to talk with you.", Taehyung asks him, his facial expression unreadable.

Jeongguk just nods and then Taeyhung leaves as fast as he came.

He has a weird feeling in his stomach. Is Taehyung going to fire him?

Jeongguk takes a deep breath and lays the sleeping Chansol down into his crib. He waits a while beside the crib, looking down at the baby that's sleeping soundly.

He smiles at the sight and caresses Chansol's cheek softly. With a nearly inaudible sigh, he retreats his hand from the baby's cheek and leaves the room quietly.

He makes his way down the stairs and tries to calm down his racing heart. Jeongguk's sure that Taehyung's gonna talk about the argument. Why else would he want to talk to him? 

Jeongguk prays that Taehyung doesn't fire him. He likes this job just too much.

As he arrives at the kitchen, he takes one deep breath before he walks inside. Jeongguk stops in his track and widens his eyes at the sight in front of him.

Taehyung's cooked a big meal for the both of them. He has laid the table and there are even two candles on it.

It's the same meal as the last time, kimchi stew, (the only meal Taehyung can cook, like he said himself) but Jeongguk's touched. It's the thought that matters, not the fact that it's the same meal like last time.

And suddenly, a wave of relief washes over Jeongguk. Seeing the pretty laid table and the home-made food, he knows that he won't be fired. A relieved smile spreads over his face.

Jeongguk sits down and Taehyung takes the seat on the opposite of him. "Okay, before we start to eat, I want to tell you something.", Taehyung begins, looking even a bit nervous.

"So uhm, I wanted t- I was an asshole, I know that. I said things I shouldn't have said and I was being really mean to you for no reason. You did nothing wrong and I shouted at you. I'm sorry.", he continues, looking Jeongguk genuinely in the eyes.

Jeongguk slightly shakes his head. "Taehyung, you were right with what you said, I-"

"No," Taehyung interrupts him, "I said things to you that were wrong. I even told you that you don't know anything about me, while I spoke like I know about your life, which I totally don't do. That was also wrong from me. I'm really sorry for that."

Jeongguk smiles at him reassuringly. "It's alright, I accept your apology."

Usually, Jeongguk doesn't accept apologies that easily but this time, it's different.

He doesn't blame Taehyung for what he did. Of course, what the elder has said to him was hurtful but what counts for Jeongguk is that Taehyung's sorry.

He regrets what he's said and it's obvious that his apologize is genuine. Everybody deserves a second chance.

Jeongguk himself received a second chance, so why shouldn't he let Taehyung have one?

"Thank you.", Taehyung speaks, relief evident on his face. "You know,", he continues, "I'm actually glad that you're here. I felt quite lonely before. Sure, my mom was here before but she spent most of the time with the baby and... i don't know how to put it, I'm just glad that you're here and that I don't have to be alone."

Jeongguk's a bit shocked by Taehyung's words. He would have never thought that the other feels like this. And there's the feeling again - this feeling that he wants just the best for Taehyung. He's just a young adult whose heart's broken, not some robot that doesn't feel anything.

Of course, Taehyung feels lonely. He lost everything in just one day. 

"I like it here too. It's a nice job and you have a beautiful house.", Jeongguk answers, not sure what he should respond to the other's confession. But after saying those words, Jeongguk just wants to facepalm himself for his dumb answer.

To his luck, Taehyung doesn't seem to mind and even gives the younger a little smile. 

"Let's eat, hm?", Taehyung suggests, probably trying to ease the slightly awkward tension.

Jeongguk nods eagerly, relieved about the change of subject. He digs into his meal, finally able to eat again after not being hungry the whole day because their argument stuck deep in his bones.

But now, where they cleared things between them, he notices how hungry he is.

"You're a wonderful person, Jeongguk, in and out.", Taehyung suddenly says, making the younger's heart skip a beat, "Never forget that."