TWENTY-TWO

"We're here." Taehyung mumbles, as he stops at the gate of the cemetry.

They decided to go there today, as Jeongguk's finally recovered from his flu. Taehyung asked about three times if Jeongguk's really strong enough, only for the younger to assure him that it's alright.

Taehyung took good care of Jeongguk and helped im a lot, so that the younger could recover fast.

Jeongguk looks over at the elder who wears a pained expression on his face.

The younger can only imagine how hard it has to be for Taehyung. Visiting the grave of his girlfriend for the first time.

Jeongguk reaches over and takes ahold of Taehyung's hand, the other one still on the handlebars of the stroller with a sleeping Chansol.

Taehyung smiles softly at the younger, squeezing Jeongguk's hand lightly.

"Are you ready?" Jeongguk asks carefully.

Taehyung nods, taking a deep breath before he walks through the gates.

They don't have to walk far before Taehyung stops in front of a well looked after grave. Lots of plants and different kinds of flowers decorate it.

"Those were her favorites." Taehyung explains as he points at the pink hyacinths that are neatly arranged on the left side.

Taehyung slowly sits down in front of the grave, pulling on Jeongguk's hand to signal him to also sit down.

The younger parks the stroller beside them so that it can't roll away and sinks down besides Taehyung.

Taehyung places their intertwined hands on his lap, softly caressing Jeongguk's with his thumb.

"Chansol wasn't planned you know." Taehyung begins quietly, "We were young and didn't really think about a family yet. But things never work out as planned. So Baram, that was her name, got pregnant. I was really happy, I always wanted a child. But she.. she didn't want him at first. She wanted to abort."

"I didn't stop her. I mean even though I was excited, she's the one who has to carry the baby for nine month and has to give birth. But to much surprise she decided that she wanted to keep him."

"We argued a lot throughout the pregnancy. The longer she was pregnant the more scared I got. I didn't think I could do this. She always told me that I wasn't alone, that I would have have her to help me."

Taehyung lets out a shaky breath, looking at Jeongguk with glossy eyes.

"And then- there were complications and then... she .. she.."

"Shh, you don't have to say it." Jeongguk whispers, pulling the elder in for a tight hug. Taehyung rests his head on the younger's shoulder, wetting his shirt with his tears but Jeongguk doesn't care.

"And now, I have a son that don't even knows me as his father. He doesn't really have parents. You're the only parent he has. Sometimes I wish you would be his father. He would have a better life." Taehyung speaks as he pulls away, causing the younger to frown at his words.

"Don't say that Tae. It's not too late.", Jeongguk tries to say until he gets interrupted by Taehyung. "He probably hates me. And I can't even blame him for that."

Jeongguk just shakes his head and wipes the elder's tears. "This is not true, okay? He's gonna love you. You love him. A lot. I can see that. And you can be a great father, believe me."

Taehyung looks at him with a serious expression. "Can you help me?" he asks.

"Help with what?" Jeongguk asks, eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

"Becoming a father for Chansol." Taeyhung says, "You do so well with him. Please help me so that I can be a father for him."

Jeongguk feels like crying at these words. That's all he's ever hoped for. Finally Chansol will have the dad he deserves.

Jeongguk knows that it'll probably take some time but this will be worth it.

"Of course I will." he answers while wiping the elder's tears.

They sit for a little longer, nobody saying a word. But it isn't an uncomfortable silence.

Jeongguk wants Taehyung to have all the time that he needs. Taehyung stopped crying a while ago, now he's only looking at the grave with a quite unreadable expression.

From time to time, Jeongguk looks up to the stroller to see if Chansol's already awake but the boy seems to be in a deep slumber.

Suddenly Taehyung moves beside him and gets up, stretching his limbs. He takes Jeongguk's hands and pulls the younger up.

"Let's go home, hm?" Taehyung asks. Jeongguk nods in agreement and is just about to turn around to get the stroller as Taehyung stops him softly.

"Can I... maybe push him back?" The elder looks at Jeongguk unsurely, making the younger nod hastily.

"Of course you can. You don't have to ask."

And so they begin their way home. They don't have to walk far, it's only a 15 minutes walk till they reach the house.

Jeongguk enjoys their small walk. And he really loves seeing that Taehyung is the one to push the stroller. He can't even put in words how happy it makes him.

Jeongguk notices that Taehyung's hair has grown longer since the younger first saw him as he hasn't cut it since then.

Jeongguk loves how the slightly longer curls nearly cover Taehyung's eyes so that Jeongguk sometimes wonders if the elder's able to see through.

But the younger male has to admit that it looks so good on Taehyung. Although Jeongguk's pretty sure that the elder could pull of any hairstyle.

He would always look incredibly handsome.

Jeongguk slowly tears his gaze away from the elder to avoid getting caught staring. If he's already crushing at Taehyung, he at least doesn't have to make it that obvious.

They continue their walk home in silence, both adults immersed in their own thoughts and Chansol still sleeping.

As they arrive in front of Taehyung's house, the elder clears his throat before he speaks up, "Thank you for coming with me today. I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem. Really." Jeongguk smiles. And he really means it. He wants to show Taehyung that he's there for him, whatever the elder needs.

Happy late Birthday Jungkook!! 💜

And I'm so happy for our boys! Billboard No.1 💜🥺