SEVEN

Jeongguk spends the rest of his week with doing the housework and looking after Chansol. He starts to slowly get a routine which makes the days less stressful for him. He gets to know Chansol better, his habits, what he likes and dislikes. 

Dasom visited them one time, inquiring how everything's going. Jeongguk could reassure her that he's happy with his job. He didn't tell her about his little disputes with Taehyung since he doesn't want her to worry.

Now it's Saturday afternoon and he's on his way to a café where he's going to meet Hoseok, his best friend. He has Chansol with him who's lying in his baby carriage. The baby's fully awake looking at Jeongguk with his big brown eyes, making it hard for the young man not to coo.

Jeongguk has offered Dasom to look after Chansol on the weekend too as he really doesn't mind to have the baby with him and it's probably better for the boy so that he can get used to Jeongguk by being with him the entire time. 

Although the boy didn't seem to have a problem with the male since the beginning, Jeongguk thinks it's better this way. He asked Dasom if he could take Chansol with him to meet Hoseok and she told him that it's completely okay. 

Seeing his faultless CV and meeting the male in person convinced her that he's someone she can trust her grandchild with. And it really is like that, Jeongguk only wants the best for the little boy.

After about half an hour of walking he reaches the café. Luckily, it is big enough to enter it with the baby carriage so that he doesn't have to park it somewhere and worry that it might get stolen by some stranger. 

He pushes the baby carriage inside and starts to look around to find his best friend. In the corner of the café he sees the familiar red-haired guy, his back facing him. He goes over, halting beside the table. 

"Hey Hobi Hyung!", he greets happily, making the male snap up as he was busy on the phone before. As Hoseok recognizes the the person in front of him he starts smiling and greets him back, "Hey, Jeongguk!"

Jeongguk sits down at the opposite of the table, one hand still on the handlebar of the baby carriage. "Soo this is the baby you're caring for?", Hoseok asks curiously, getting up to look inside the stroller. 

Jeongguks hums approvingly. "Oh my gosh, he's so cute! And so small!! Look at those tiny fingers!", Hoseok coos, not being able to look away from the little bean. 

"I know.", Jeongguk says, "And he is as lovely as he looks. He doesn't cry much and is the definition of an angel."

"Such a cute thing!!", the older male exclaims with a smile on his face, shaking his head while sittin down, "Why does he have to be that cute?" 

Jeongguk chuckles at his hyung's reaction. Hoseok eyes him suspiciously as he doesn't really understand the reason for the younger's laughter but Jeongguk just shakes his head dismissingly, enjoying watching his hyung cooing over a baby.

"How old is he?", Hoseok changes the subject. "About three weeks.", Jeongguk answers, looking at the baby, "It's that age where you can literally watch them grow and see everyday what improvements they make. It's the time where a baby learns so many new things."

Hoseok nods understandingly, smiles at the baby one more before turning his attention back to Jeongguk. "So you're content with your job?"

Jeongguk nods, "Oh yes, it's so much better than my last one."

"That's good to hear.", Hoseok smiles, "The kid of the last family you worked for really was a bitch." 

Jeongguk looks at him accusingly. "Don't say it like that. The kid was just spoilt. That was the problem."

"And", Hoseok starts, seeming a bit unsure how to say what he has on his mind, "You know, since you know yourself how the kid's father's feeling at the moment, are you sure that you can do that? That you're already ready for that?" Hoseok sends him a worried look.

Jeongguk smiles reassuringly at his friends and reaches over the table to take Hoseok's hand in his. "Hyung, don't worry. I know what I'm doing. And I know that I'm ready. Maybe it's even good that I'm the one who got the job. I have to move on, I've hid myself long enough and I know how to handle persons in such situations.", the younger says softly, squeezing his Hyung's hand. 

"Alright. Just look after yourself, and don't forget that I'm always here for you if you need me.", Hoseok speaks, squeezing back. 

They both order something to drink and a cake. After two more hours of talking Jeongguk decides it's time to head back.

Apparently, Chansol seems to get tired as he yawns softly from time to time. It's his bedtime soon and Jeongguk wants to put him to bed at the time he goes to bed every day.

He says goodbye to Hoseok and makes his way back to Taehyung's big mansion. 

As he enters the house, the tired Chansol in his arms, he immediately makes his way upstairs, knowing that Taehyung's most likely in either the kitchen or the living room.

 He doesn't want to have the same szenario like a few days ago, so he decides to put Chansol to bed first before going down to Taehyung.

He changes Chansol's clothes, his diapers and feeds him one last time before laying the little boy down in his crib and walking down the stairs. 

As he enters the kitchen he is greeted with a sight, he didn't expect.

The table is set for two, one pot's already on the table, looking like it's filled with noodles. Taehyung stands at the stove, stirring in a second pot, probably filled with the sauce.

He turns around and greets Jeongguk. "Hey, I thought I could make a meal today. You've cooked the entire week for me and you weren't home today so I figured that you're probably hungry."

And he was true. As on cue, Jeongguk's stomach growled, making Taehyung chuckle and Jeongguk blush in embarrassment. 

"You can sit down already.", Taehyung tells him. The elder takes the pot from the stove and places it on the table. Jeongguk takes a seat and looking at the food hungrily. He hasn't even realize how hungry he's until now.

As Taehyung also sits down they both start to eat their meal. "It's really good.", Jeongguk tells him, obviously impressed. "Thank you.", Taehyung says with a proud look on his face. 

"But to be honest, I'm a bad cook and this is the only meal I can make.", Taehyung adds with a slightly quieter voice. 

Jeongguk smiles at that. "It's alright. This meal tastes really good. And I have to admit that I really thought that there's a secret cook inside you.", he says, amusement evident in his voice. 

Taehyung chuckles again and Jeongguk thinks to himself how beautiful it is to hear the other's chuckle. 

Taehyung puts his hand on his chest and speaks, "I'm flattered, thank you." 

Jeongguk snorts and then continues to eat his noodles, stealing glances at the other throughout their dinner. Taehyung's really handsome. And a nice company, he thinks, a dumb grin evident on his face.

okayyy I really messed up the ending of this chapter :/ buuuut we finally have a bit taekook-interaction w/o taehyung throwing a tantrum 👌