FIVE

Jeongguk hums while cleaning the living room. Since Chansol's only a few weeks old, he spends the majority of the day with sleeping. The male uses this time to clean the house. 

The times where the little boy is awake, Jeongguk "plays" with him; insofar you can call swinging a rassel and talking to the baby "playing".

Of course, Chansol cries occasionally but it's easy to soothe him. And what Jeongguk likes the most are the moments where he talks to the boy and the baby would raise the corner of his mouth a little like he would smile. 

Even though Jeongguk knows that it's most likely unintentionally, it makes him really happy to see it. It shows him that Chansol is happy and that he doesn't have to suffer from the lack of his parents. At least not yet.

Jeongguk decides to check on Chansol who is sleeping in his crib in his room at the moment. Dasom has told Jeongguk that they  normally would have one in the living room too so that one wouldn't have to go upstairs to put the boy to bed when he sleeps during the day.

The problem is that Taehyung doesn't want to see anything in connection with his son wherefore the second crib's now in the house of Taehyung's parents in the case Chansol would spend a night at their's.

Luckily, Jeongguk has a baby phone with a camera which allows him to see if Chansol is still asleep or not. One look at it shows him that the baby's already awake, lying quietly in his bed, looking around. 

The sight makes Jeongguk smile. This baby really is an angel. He makes his way upstairs to get Chansol before the boy changes his mind and starts crying what Jeongguks wants to avoid at all cost. Hearing the baby cry hurts him somehow.

A little while later, just as he makes his way downstairs with the baby in his arms the doorbell rings. "Seems like your grandma visits us earlier than expected, hm?", Jeongguk speaks to the baby before opening the door.

But the person outside clearly isn't Dasom, it's a young man, slightly shorter than Jeongguk with blonde hair and a big smile that slowly fades as he looks in Jeongguk's face, obviously as confused as the other.

Suddenly the unknown male's eyes light up and he grins again, "Ahhh you have to be Jeongguk, right? I was just a little confused since I didn't think that you have started to work here already but it's nice to meet you. I'm Jimin by the way, Taehyung's best friend since childhood days. I just wanted to visit Chansol as it's a bit complicated when Taehyung's also here but I can leave if it's a bit unsuited at the moment. Sorry I'm babbling again."

Jeongguk tries to understand everything the other's just said as he has talked really fast. Jimin.... Jimin... The name rings a bell in his head. Dasom has told Jeongguk that he is Taehyung's best friend and the only one who is able to reach out to him currently. But even to him, Taehyung doesn't open up completely. 

Jimin seems nice and Jeongguk immediately finds him likeable. "No no, come in! Chansol has just woken up so he won't sleep that soon again. And having some company is never bad."

"Oh thank you!", Jimin speaks, smile getting even brighter. "He's grown so much. I saw him on the day he got home from the hospital and I mean he's still a small bean but he has grown a lot since then.", Jimin notes while taking off his shoes.

The two males move to the living room and sit down on the couch where Jeongguk hands the baby over to Jimin after the other had asked him shyly if he could hold Chansol. Dasom has told Jeongguk that Jimin might come over and she said that Jeongguk's is allowed to let him hold the baby.

"He's really beautiful.", Jimin states, "He has Tae's nose without any doubt. And also his eyes look exactly like Tae's. Only the lips are those from Baram." Jeongguk quietly listens to the other, being unable to add something as he doesn't know how Chansol's mother looked like. 

But seemingly Jimin doesn't mind as he continues shortly after, "I just hope he doesn't have Taehyung's personality. Believe me, there is no person who is louder and more energetic than him. Even as a baby, the only things he did the entire day were crying and squirming around. Everyone can confirm that."

Jeongguk furrows his eyebrows; that doesn't sound like the Taehyung he got to know at all. A sudden wave of sadness overcomes him at the thought of the quiet and broken Taehyung he knows, being normally a bright person. Even if it doesn't fit together in his head he feels sorry for him. He can understand the elder too well.

Jimin looks up eventually, noticing the slightly confused look on Jeongguk's face right away. "I know that probably doesn't sound like the Taehyung you know but he really was such a person. And I just want him to become like that again, I want him to get better, to be able to hear his laugh again. I'm worried to death, you know. I want nothing more than to help him but I can't. I don't know what to do and it's like my hands are tied.", Jimin says obviously holding back his tears.

He takes one deep breath before he lets out a humorless laugh. "Oh lord, you have to think I'm crazy. A complete stranger sitting in front of you and telling you his life worries. And on top this creep starts crying. I'm sorry I- I think I should go.", Jimin says, a lonely tear now running down his face as he makes a move to lay down Chansol but Jeongguk stops him by placing a hand on Jimin's  arm.

"Hey, it's alright. And I don't think that you're a creep. Sometimes you just need to talk with someone and often it's better if it's a stranger. It feels good to let everything out. That's completely normal.", Jeongguks says, giving the other a soothing smile. 

"Thank you.", Jimin whispers, struggling to wipe his tears since he still has Chansol in his arms who needs extra support since he isn't able to hold his head on his own yet. 

"Let me help you." Jeongguk quickly takes the takes the child back into his arms. Jimin takes a tissue and wipes his tears. "A very nice first meeting, hm?", Jimin laughs, making Jeongguk chuckle too.

He adjusts his hold on Chansol and notices that his diaper is heavier than it was before. With a grin on his face he looks at Jimin. 

"You're up for changing a stinky diaper?"