TWENTY-EIGHT

Jeongguk blinks rapidly, trying to adjust his eyes to the bright light. He lets out a soft yawn as he slowly sits up in the bed. 

Looking around, the male furrows his eybrows in confusion. This is definitely not his room. No- this is Taehyung's room.

And suddenly images of last night flood into his head, making him remember everything that happened. Taehyung has kissed him.

Taehyung has really kissed him.

Jeongguk breaks out in the biggest grin at the memory, feeling like a teenager. He feels like his heart is about to burst out of his chest.

He can't believe that this has really happened. Jeongguk thought about it many times, wished for it but he never thought that it would become reality.

And it didn't even stop with their kiss, they even went to bed together and fell asleep, in each others embrace - after exchanging a few more kisses. Jeongguk can say that he's never slept this good in his entire life.

Taehyung just gives him a feeling of comfort, of safety. He's his home without any doubt.

But his joy doesn't last long as he notices that the bedside beside him is empty. Maybe he's decided to make breakfast, Jeongguk tells himself though he doesn't really believe it.

Jeongguk can't help but fear that the other regrets everything and tells him that it all was just a mistake. It would break his heart into million pieces.

He takes a look at his phone that shows him that it's already pretty late. Why hasn't Chansol woken him up?

Deciding to look after the little boy, Jeongguk gets up from the bed and makes his way over to Chansol's room.

The baby's wide awake, staring at the stars that hang over his crib. "Good morning sunshine." He greets the little boy.

Jeongguk's heart warms as he sees that Chansol's lips slowly form a smile after hearing him.

He takes out the boy and decides to go downstairs with him to give him his food.

Suddenly, Jeongguk hears the sound of someone unlocking the door, making him hurry to the front door. He's hoping so bad that Taehyung's not gonna crash his hopes now.

As he arrives in front of the elder, Taehyung greets him with the biggest smile on his lips, in his hand a bag with croissants.

"Hey," Taehyung says and walks over to the younger to give him a quick peck on the lips. "I bought croissants."

Taehyung already makes his way to the kitchen as Jeongguk stays where he is, widening his eyes in shock. He softly touches his lips, still feeling Taehyung's lips on his.

"You comin'?" Taehyung's voice sounds from the kitchen. Jeongguk shakes his head to clear his mind a bit before he hurries to get to Taehyung who has already started to prepare their breakfast.

"Have you looked after Chansol before you left?" Jeongguk asks the elder in confusion. Chansol normally wakes up rather early but he can't imagine that the boy would have been awake for that long without starting to cry.

Taehyung hums in agreement. "Yup, he's woken me up early today. I think you haven't heard him but it was at- I guess 4 in the morning. It took him really long to fall asleep again so it's no wonder that he slept longer as he normally does."

"Ah that explains it." Jeongguk nods. "You were at the backery?"

"Yes... and I was already at Jimin and Yoongi's. Had to talk to them about something." Taehyung mumbles as he turns around to prepare Chansol's bottle.

"Did you sleep well?" Taehyung continues, before Jeongguk's able to ask more questions.

Jeongguk decides to not dig in further - if the elder doesn't want to talk about it he wouldn't force him to. "Yeah I did. Better than ever."

"I'm happy to hear that." Taehyung says as he steps closer to the younger. "I slept very good too."

Taehyung softly pulls Jeongguk closer by his hips - as close as possible with Chansol inbetween them - and closes the gap between them, pressing his lips onto the younger's.

It's a soft kiss, sweet and innocent but full of love. "Mmh Tae" Jeongguk mumbles into the kiss. "Chansol."

Taehyung pulls apart, a cheeky grin on his lips. "Doesn't look like it interests him huh."

Jeongguk looks down to the boy in his arms and really, Chansol's looking at the letters on Taehyung's shirt in fascination, completely unaware of what's happening around him.

Before Jeongguk can say anything else, Taehyung captures his lips again. Jeongguk smiles into the kiss, feeling so so happy. He would have never imagined that something like this could happen. But he'd never complain.

As they pull apart again, Taehyung gives the younger a small smile.

"Jeongguk I wanted to ask you something. Uhm do you maybe want to go on a date with me? We could go to a nice restaurant and Jimin and Yoongi could look after Chansol. I mean you don't need to if you don't wan-" Taehyung nervously rambles, before he's interrupted by the younger's answer.

"Tae, I'd love to go on a date with you." Jeongguk smiles, feeling a big wave of pure happiness wash over himself.

Taehyung starts to grin brightly. "That's great! Is tomorrow evening okay?"

Jeongguk nods immediately. "Of course!"

"Yes! I can't wait!" Taehyung exclaims happily. "And now-" he pecks Jeongguk's lips in a swift motion, "sit down, I'll prepare everything."

Jeongguk follows his command and sits down on a chair. The young male has to stop himself from starting to scream. He can't believe what just happened.

If he wouldn't have Chansol in his arms, he'd probably be in the bathroom right now, phoning Hoseok and screaming in his phone.

He really feels like crying - out of happiness of course. Call him overdramatic but for Jeongguk it's like a dream coming true.

Jeongguk has had a lot of bad luck with love, and now finally, it feels like he could be happy. Maybe he can finally have the family he always wanted to have.

Jeongguk looks at Chansol in his arms, smiling at the small boy before he looks over to Taehyung who's already staring back at him with heart eyes.

Yeah, maybe he's finally allowed to be happy.