TWENTY-FOUR

Jeongguk gets out of his old car and makes his way over the small yard to the front door of the house.

His brother called him a few days ago, telling him to come to their parents' house this weekend as he has news to tell them.

Jeongguk left Taehyung with Chansol, the elder assuring him that he can manage it by himself. And if he had a question, he could always call the younger.

Though Jeongguk's pretty sure that the elder won't have a problem. Since Taehyung held the baby for the first time a few days ago, he came home earlier from work and was determined to help Jeongguk with Chansol.

The elder wanted to learn everything about his son and all the things he had to do.

Only after a few days, Taehyung's able to change the diaper, feed his son and take him to bed now.

This happened so fast, Jeongguk still can't realize it completely. Only three weeks ago, Taehyung couldn't really look at his son. And now he does everything for him.

Dasom also paid them a visit the day before yesterday, right where Taehyung fed his son for the first time and she started to cry immediately out of happiness.

Jeongguk feels like everything's going to be okay. He loves his job even more now as he doesn't have to be careful anymore that he doesn't let Taehyung and Chansol meet.

He's still deeply in love with the elder. Yes, he's finally admitted it that he fell for the handsome male.

But he doesn't even think about confessing. It's still not long ago since Taehyung has lost his girlfriend so he knows it's the completely wrong time to confess his love for the elder.

And additionally, he doesn't even think that Taehyung likes him like that. It would probably just make things awkward between them.

So Jeongguk decided to keep it to himself and just be a good friend for Taehyung. Maybe luck's on his side, and there'll be something between them in the future.

But for now, they just remain friends.

Jeongguk slowly opens the door and he's immediately greeted with the smell of food.

Right on cue, his stomach grumbles as he hasn't had lunch yet. He walks over to the kitchen where everyone's already seated - his parents, his brother and Namjoon, Jin's boyfriend - seemingly waiting for him.

"Hi," he greets them.

"Oh Gguk, I haven't seen you for so long." his mother says as she smiles brightly at him.

The others also greet him, Jin seeming happier as usual what makes the young male wonder what's the news he has for them.

Right at the moment he sits down on the chair, Jin starts to talk just like he has only waited for him to sit so he could tell them.

"So as we are all here finally," he starts, giving Jeongguk a quick glance,"there's something Joonie and I have to tell you."

"We're going to marry." he announces happily, holding up his hand to let everyone see his engagement ring.

It's a really beautiful silver ring with little diamants all over it. Namjoon had made a good choice.

Their mom looks at her oldest son in surprise before she breaks out into the biggest grin.

"Oh god, I can't believe it, you're really getting married." she whispers happily as she gets up to hug her son and her soon-to-be son-in-law.

"Congrats you two." their dad smiles and Jeongguk bets he even sees a few tears in his eyes.

"I'm so happy for you two! You deserve it." Jeongguk says as he also gets up to hug the two fiancés.

"So when's the wedding?" his mother asks. "I hope it's not too soon. We have to go shopping before, Daehyun. I don't think your old suits still fit you."

Daehyun looks at his wife accusingly. "What do you mean? I'm as thin and handsome as I always was."

Yejin raises her eyebrows. "Sure, sure. Just tell that yourself."

Before Daehyun could say something Jin decides to interrupt his parents' bickering. "It's in five months so you have enough time to go shopping."

Jeongguk grins brightly. He's so happy for his older brother. Jin has always - even as a child - talked about how he wishes to marry the love of his life someday.

Jeongguk really wishes with all his heart that his brother will have the dream wedding he always wished for.

"So if you two need any help with preparations or anything just ask me okay?" Jeongguk tells the two fiancés.

"Thank you, Jeongguk." Namjoon smiles gratefully. "We appreciate that."

Jin nods at his fiancé's words, smiling at his younger brother.

"So, now that we have told you the news we can start our lunch." Jin says, causing Yejin to get up and open the lid of the pot.

"Dig in! Bon appetite!"

They all start to eat their food as Yejin speaks up again, "And Jeongguk, how's it going with your job? Everything's alright?"

Jeongguk nods, "Yeah it is. Everything's completely alright." he answers genuinely.

"That's good to hear."

After their dinner, Daehyun and Yejin start to clean the dishes, telling the others that they don't have to help them.

"You seem happy Jeongguk. Really happy." Jin notes, supporting his head with his hands, looking at his brother with an interested look.

"You know, he's probably in love." Jin says jokingly to Namjoon who's still sitting beside his fiancé. But his comment only causes Jeongguk to blush because his brother's completely right.

And Jin seems to realize that too as he looks at his blushing brother. "Oh my god you are in love." he says with wide eyes. "Who is it?"

Jeongguk looks down embarrassed, not sure if he should tell his brother.

"Wait- it's the man you work for right?"

Jeongguk nods shyly, making his brother squeal in excitement.

"I'm happy for you, Gguk." Namjoon speaks up, tone a lot more calm than Jin's.

"Have you told him yet?" Namjoon asks, causing the younger to shake his head.

"I haven't and it won't happen." Jeongguk states, smiling sadly at the two men.

"What do you mean?" Jin asks concerned, his excited attitude from earlier completely gone. "Has he said or done something? I swear I-"

"No no, it's not that." Jeongguk interrupts him. "It's just that he has lost his girlfriend only a few months ago, so I can't just walk in and confess my feelings. I personally know that it's so hard to move on. I can't tell him I love him when the wound's still so fresh." Jeongguk explains, causing his brother to frown.

"But you're hurting again, Ggukie. You deserve to be happy and find love. You've hurt enough." he says, clearly worried.

"Don't worry about me. I'm okay."

Jin shakes his head. "I don't believe you."

"You can." Jeongguk states. "I'll wait. Maybe he's ready one day. And until then I'm there for him when he needs me. That's alright."