CHAPTER-9

"Come on (b/f) please walk faster or we will miss the train."

"Wait. Please. I'm walking on heels bruh... Though, please comment on my look today. Don't I look refreshing?"

You took a quick look at her before heading towards the subway platforms. She wore a knee-length t-shirt dress with white and blue stripe accompanying a jean jacket.

"You look normal."

"What? I spend 3 hours  deciding what to wear and you  say 'I look normal?' " she said with a glare.

"You look you. What else am I supposed to say?"

"Well, look at what are you wearing?"

"Comfort is my number one rule. So don't judge.... plus I didn't ask for your opinion.
By the way, the Tokyo tower thing is around 5ish, yeah? Why are we going early?" you asked her while stopping her from entering the wrong train.

"We have to visit a shrine."

"A shrine?" you questioned her.

"Yeah, a shrine which will give us good love life and maybe good luck in everything probably like getting admission here for our college?"

"Maybe for your love life. The train has arrived (b/f). Please stay close. I will not find you if you get lost."

You both reached the shrine in one piece. The train was cramped. Well, what did you expect? It's a weekend here.

You thought that the shrine would be peaceful, but for some reason, a lot of girls especially of your age came. They must be crazy like your best friend.

"This is the famous Daijingu shrine. Let's pray quickly so that we can observe the sunset in Tokyo tower. "said (b/f) with all smiles.

You washed your left hand then the right and finally your mouth from the water using a wooden ladle that came from the purification fountain called the chozuya before entering the shrine.

Both of you stood in the line while people in front of you were praying.

You didn't want to mess up the prayer and make the people waiting behind so you had a 10-time rehearsal in your head already. 

Just remember it's two bows, two claps and a final bow after giving your offering.

"Let's get our omikuji. We both taking the love ones," she said while pointing at the slips of paper that had our futures in it.

"So I'll explain how it works. If the slip reads your blessing. Omikuji are ranked by blessings: there's dai-kichi (great blessing), kichi (blessing), su-kichi (ending blessing), kyo (curse) and so on," said (b/f).

"Why? I don't wanna know" you whined.

"Please"

You gave away two 100 yen coin and took the slip.

"Oh my God!! I got 'Dai-kichi!!'" said your friend. She was about to squeal but had her happy moment silently to maintain the etiquette.

You opened your slip

"Wow! 'kichi'! Wonder who is that unlucky guy," said a sarcastic voice.

You could never forget that voice. A blush crept your face. 

"What the hell man! I don't think it's cool to read other things"

"Oya Oya? So you can blush? The sun will set in the east today."

You gave a karate chop at his waist.

Your BFF started laughing
"Let's go already. I don't want to miss the sunset in Tokyo tower because of your love quarrel."