CHAPTER-28

"I'm not amazed by your tenacity to drag me here even after my constant whining. Don't cut in and say thank you for the compliment cuz it's not. Do you really think I can play beach volleyball with you?"

" Just do what you do best, after all, I was a high school captain and made it to the nationals so depend on me all you want. "

" You see this! I got goosebumps from your speech, oh great captain!"

"But I need to recharge."

"uh? Oh-"

Kuroo squeezed till you tapped on his shoulder vigorously.

"Suguru, you are going down."

.
.
.

There were 8 couples, but for some fortunate or unfortunate reason, there is always a person who didn't know the basics of volleyball excluding Mika. She said she practised volleyball with Suguru few times.

After all that great speech from 'The great Kuroo Tetsurou', you expected him to play well but for his bad luck, the sand and wind were not on his side.

You were snickering at him how he jumped and ended up missing his spike or was short on the jump. He gave a scowling look at you showing that you are not any better.

Somehow your team and Mika's team are now on the finals. The crowd was getting more and more because of Suguru's and Kuroo's amazing adapting ability to the sand and also their aloof-comical competitiveness.

You can see Mika is also nervous like you, but you didn't won't let Kuroo down so you tried to ignore the people around you.

Okay... This is fine. Just remember to keep the ball up in the air no matter what. It is same as the game you play with the balloon. Volleyball is the extreme version of 'Never let the Balloon touch the ground'. But here it's much heavier and be sure you don't take the ball by the face as you normally do when you get desperate.

It was supposed to be a 15 point match but it went longer.

You sometimes got distracted by how cool Kuroo looked despite his annoying talk he gave away every time he scores a point with his signature smirk and looks at Suguru without any hesitation.

In the end, Kuroo and your team won because Mika tripped in the sand otherwise she played really well.

You both got a coupon for two large Anmitsu.

"What is it like to lose all the time Daishou?"

" I wanted to enjoy volleyball together with Mika nothing else," he said with a blush looking at Mika.

She was blushing too.

How cute. She is so pretty!

"Oh my, are we acting chivalrous here? This is a surprise."

"Your dirty mouth won't get you anywhere!"

"Oh yeah, then-"

You pulled Mika from their groundless banter. You decided to give her one of the coupons.

"No no no, it's fine. You guys won it."

You smiled at her and said, " They said it will be big so you both can share one. It will be fun. Don't worry, I will make sure Kuroo to shut up about it. "

Mika and you had a long chat about herself and Suguru while we bought the anmitsu to where we last saw Kuroo and Suguru.

" They ditched us. Great! " you said.