CHAPTER-36

"Let's move in together!"

"..."

"Let's move in together!"

"Can you please keep quiet while I'm doing this?"

You have procrastinated this submission for far too long and the last date is tomorrow.

That's why they say that if today's not the due date then today's not the do date.

Kuroo flopped on the bed and was making snow angels on the bed. The rustling noise of the blankets made your ears itch.

"Done. What?" you twirled in your seat to face Kuroo who was waiting for those words seating on the edge of the bed.

He took your hands in his.

"Let's move in. We have been together far too long but I'm sick of waiting to reach your place or you reaching mine!"

Soft Kuroo is the new evolution you have unlocked after many years and you thoroughly enjoy this exclusive affection.

"Isn't the real reason because Bokuto and Daichi left your place? Such a loner."

Bokuto became the outside hitter of the starter lineup of MSBY Black Jackals making him stay at his training place all the time and Daichi works as a police officer back in Miyagi.

"You think that's the reason? Am I that selfish?"

" After all you are a cat bastard. "

" Did you pick up that from Semi or Daishou?
But some cats are loyal too y'know."

"Which one?"

You knew what he was going to say next.

"Like this one right here," you both said together. Kuroo was a bit surprised by it and you started laughing how you guessed his words.

"This is what I get training a kitty kat," said you taunting him.

"Who said I'm tamed?!"

Its been a few years now that you have moved in with Kuroo at the heart of Tokyo for an easy commute of course to yours and his workplace.

After a few a years into his work, Kuroo now heads the promotion division of Japanese volleyball club. He is a complete hotshot from head to toe. You were kinda excited seeing him in his suit and tie with his unkempt hair or he says the untamable but now it's like any other day.

He comes in very late and but goes off around 9 saying that if the last person entering is the boss then it's like asserting dominance. You felt apologetic to whoever has to deal with him as a boss. You always thought Japanese workspace always had a thing with time. Always on time including your seniors at work then you see your loverboy barely leaving for work on time.

Is it the classic way of having a slice bread in the mouth and heading off to work?
No, he always had a cup of coffee with him. Bread barely makes into his consideration of breakfast. Rice and fish all the way.

Today you had to stay a bit longer than usual but you knew Kuroo won't be back home. He comes later than that. Being lazy of cooking you bought some take out and dragged your killing legs to your home.

You have acquired the habit of saying 'Tadaima' because of anime which was kinda embarrassing but now it's a usual trope as you have one of the finest Japanese men in your household.

"You are later than usual."

"Uh? Kuroo? You were home? Then why did I get take out?"

He smiled at you but it was a tired smile.
He was lying on the couch with his laptop on his chest which is the best position to sleep of during work.

"I guess then this is breakfast?" You held up the package.

You freshened up and took the bowl of Kuroo's special and sat on the sofa's armrest and peered at what Kuroo is doing.

"Aah..."
You shoved a spoonful to his mouth.

He started coughing and you handed over a glass of water.

"Couldn't you have been a little gentler?"

"Next time if you're lucky to get any."

He chuckled but didn't have the usual energy.

You get it. Adult life is strenuous. That's why you have family friends and a person you love to always depend and trust on.

"It's just that I'm not getting sponsors like every year," he said as if reading your thoughts.

"But I don't want this to happen this year. I dragged Kenma as one of our sponsors this year and he specifically said that if the plan fails then he's out. That stingy bastard! He is filthy rich!" he said this while pulling his hair.

You peered more into his laptop wanting to help him out and found two familiar names on the screen. Samuru Ishida and Kennyo Ryugasaki. First one was your senior's name at work and the next one was his rival who he is trying to get in partnership with.

I did know that he is rich but rich enough to be considered as an investor?

"Is that the list of potential investors?"

"Yeah. But whenever I make appointments with them they think I'm just a newbie. I work for the country you dumbasses."

"Well not to bother you but Daichi said that his coworkers thought you were a con man."

"Whaaat? This is what I get for helping in his move," he groaned in dismay.

"I mean yeah. I can understand where they are coming from. I'm used to your face so I didn't get what he said initially but now I get it though. Your hair is the problem."

" I can't change my hairstyle because someone I love really likes it."
He kept his laptop down on the nearby coffee table.

" I don't mind it now. I have accepted all your imperfections. "

" I thought my hair was the highlight, no?" He tried taking the bowl from you.

You got up from there and head to the kitchen and washed it.

"When you were back in college you would have given in to that."

"You should step up your game. I'm not the old (f/n). I have seen enough of your drama."

" My last resort is letting our body talk but I'm not allowed to do that am I now, cuz it's still a weekday?"
He wrapped his hands around your waist.

"Or today can be an exception," he purred in your ear.

Okay, now you have reached your limit. He always seems to break your resistance meter which always gets updated but he keeps keeping up to you.

But you want to play some more.

"But don't you have work?" you pushed him and put the bowl back in the shelf.

"Should I make coffee for you?" said you giving a fake worry.

" Naaah right now I'm craving for a KitKat."

************************************

I thought I won't post today but I did it anyway.

Take care
Lots of love ❤️