CHAPTER-38

You reached home early with an envelope given by Ryugasaki san through Samuru for an event hosted by JVA. It was an invite to the closing ceremony for another successful V league tournament.

Kuroo won't come home that night as he is busy with the organizing of this event as a thank you for the sponsors and the teams who participated in the V league.

You were super excited at the same time super nervous as you reached home early to get ready for the event. Excited because it's an extravagant event nervous because you were not sure how to behave around people, how to eat food in such environment and in general not to look a fool or a person out of place.

You open the door to yours and Kuroo's room, rolled your sleeves to get ready to rummage your closet in fear of not finding the apt outfit. It is indeed your fault for not buying any exquisite dresses when you had the chance because you always get sidetracked.

You can't say no to hoodies can you now...

But to your surprise, there was a lovely navy blue satin dress on the bed with an envelope.

You open the envelope to find a note and a slip to a beauty salon.

Hey KitKat,
Hope you like the dress. Treat yourself for a makeover and come to Sapporo at 7 pm. I wish I could accompany you but the event won't be successful without me. Waaa I'm in so much demand. What can I do?

Drown in my love,
Just in my love❤️

Only he could write something like this.

You arrived at the venue with Samuru and Ryugasaki in your halter neck dress and a slit which stopped just above your knees. You were not a fan of dresses but the very thought of Kuroo wrecking his head, thinking about what fits you the best made you forget your insecurities. You did get anxious occasionally when you tripped on your heels a few times.

The place was extravagantly decorated with very minute yet elegant decor and was gleaming in gold. Many handsome men from the volleyball team wore slim fit suits and their managers who are usually females wore such lovely dresses decorated with beautiful smiles.

The event did not have that sophisticated air like you thought it would. Not yet.

Then you saw a few corners with few individuals huddled together with a different air. An air of elite you might have to add.

That must be the rest of the sponsors.

"I should commend the person in charge. It is a job well done", said Ryugasaki who followed your gaze.

"Hello sister, glad you could make it".
A voice which you could never forget.

Kuroo shook hands with a chuckle and greeted both Samuru and Ryugasaki. He wore a nice ocean green slim-fit crepe suit with a satin navy blue collarless shirt which was not buttoned all the way up. The suit jacket had a red pocket square folded in a quiver. You could see that he put an effort in taming that black hair of his. Of course, he has failed in it but not thoroughly.

"Siblings?" asked Ryugasaki.

You were still in awe how Kuroo looked in his outfit which was smartly paired with derby black leather shoes and a silver watch with a navy blue dial.

"Hot."

"Thank you," said Kuroo who gently took your hand in his with such grace that your fingertips are feeling hot.

"If you are interested in meeting the other investors I will lead the way."

"We will be back," assured Samuru who was worried by your current facial expression.