CHAPTER-40

Pic by @KANAN_KING from Twitter

Kuroo POV

I did not expect I will be sitting here. My juniors were trying to pull me for a drink ever since that event. Maybe they thought we are close now because I asked them for that favour.

It's not that I don't drink. I have an average alcoholic tolerance which I am quite proud of.
Drinking after work is not the right option at all.

I don't want my motor and sensory receptors to be influenced by some minute percentages of ethanol!

But regardless I agreed to it as tomorrow is a holiday and  I owe these guys.

I'm on my 4th drink and I'm feeling terrific!

They kept on pouring for me which I can't reject now so before I blackout or get drunk I need to be ready.

I looked around to find the waiter of this cheap sushi joint. The food served here is amazing. Cheap as in the least expensive.

I raised my hand, getting attention from a guy who came to me. I think he is the waiter?

"Can you call this number on my phone if I get too drunk? I will keep the phone in my jacket pocket. "

He smiled and nodded vigorously and even shot an OK sign.

I'm here anyway so let's get wasted!

Your POV

"Hello?"

"Yes, who is this?"
This is Kuroo's number with someone else's voice?

"Gwime the pwone. Stop stealing it."

"Uhm..hello?"

"Hey, candied vascular system pump."

"Kuroo are you drunk?"

"That was something I read on the internet. It means sweetheart. You didn't see that coming did you?"

"No. I definitely didn't."

"I want you pick me up
Pick me pick me pick me up
Pick me pick me
Pick me pick me
Pick me pick me pick me up"

I wonder if he's doing the dance with it?

"Yeah okay. Stop. I will come. Give to the guy who dialled the call so that I know where you are."

You took the last train and got out of the closest station to the sushi bar and all this time he was singing pick me up.

"Kuroo please stop. I am coming."

"I don't feel like it."

"It's annoying as hell!! I will cut the call. "

Not to mention his raspy voice due to the drunkenness is not ideal for you.

"Then I will call you again."