What Now? (Marco's POV)

Writer: This chapter is a long one!!!
(Don't mind any misspellings)

(I hate seeing Star feel bad. I just want her to be happy, I want to be the person who's always there for her no matter what. She deserves someone who could treat her good.)

{11:34 am Market}
Star: What kind of granola bars do you like?
Marco: It doesn't really matter to me. You sure you don't want any real breakfast?
Star: I don't really mind.
Clerk: Is this all?
Star: Um Yeah.
Angie: Star? Is that you?
Marco: *sighs* oh my god.
Star: Oh Hi-
Angie: Wait is that my granddaughter?
Star: I- well yeah.
Angie: I'm sorry I'm a little confused. Are you two back together?
Marco: Yeah.
Angie: Star, I begged you to tell me where my son was. Why haven't you told me this?
Star: I am so so sorry. It completely slipped my mind when we were at the hospital.
Angie: *panics* Hospital? Who was at the hospital?
Marco: I was.
Clerk: Excuse me ma'm but you're holding up the line.
Angie: Sorry, um can we talk outside.
Star: Uh yeah sure.

(Out of all times to see my mom, right now? She is so freaking stressful.)

Angie: Okay, why were you in the hospital?
Star: Should I?
Marco: I'll go. Basically I ran away and Star found me passed out so I was brought to the hospital.
Angie: Marco I know that we do not have the best relationship but you're my son, details please.
Marco: Why does it matter?
Angie: It matters because for these past days I've been wondering where you were.
Marco: I'm here now okay. Me and Star are back together it's fine.
Angie: How long have you been back?
Marco: I don't know like 3 days.
Angie: *cries* I am trying! Can you not see that? I regret how your father and I have treated you in the past but I want to be apart of your life. Especially now. But you brush me off and act like I'm a piece of trash.
Marco: Ohh how do you think I've felt? You make things so fucking difficult for no reason.
Angie: You're my only child. You and Stella are the last of my family. I'm not asking you to live with me, I'm not even asking you the most. I just want to be kept in the loop. What if you died? Would I have been called? Star you were supposed to tell me if he came back.
Marco: Why are you blaming her? She doesn't have to tell you anything.
Angie: You were in the hospital!
Stella: *cries*
Star: Oh my gosh. Please just stop! Mrs.Diaz I'm sorry I didn't tell you that Marco was in the hospital, I just had a baby and my brain is scattered. It wasn't out of spite I seriously just forgot. Marco please, she's your mom she just cares about your well being.

Star: *rocks Stella* I'm sorry I didn't want to interrupt your arguing.
Angie: Marco I'm sorry, I truly am. I just want you to understand that I'm trying to make things right. But all I ask is that you make an effort as well.
Marco: I get you're trying, but you don't know how hard it is to even trust you. I still resent you for going along with everything dad said or did. I grew up miserable and you barely listened, you just kicked me out instead. But the second you see that I'm trying to make my life better you want me back.
Angie: I know but I-
Marco: Things are different now. I have other priorities and I'm sorry but you just aren't one of them.
Angie: I see. *wipes eyes*
Marco: I don't want to shut you out completely, but I need my own time to think and process things. I know that I want you to be apart of Stella's life though.
Angie: Really?
Star: *passes Stella to her* I want her to be apart of your life too.
Angie: Thank you, sh-she's very beautiful. She looks like the both of you. *smiles*
Star: We we're just out taking her for a stroll around the neighborhood. The weather is nice.
Angie: I'm sorry, *gives Stella back* I don't want to interrupt anything.
Star: No no it's fine. I should've at least texted you.
Angie: I don't blame either of you, I should get going-
Star: Hey why don't you stop by later at my house. I could cook some dinner and you could speak with my mom too.
Marco: *whispers* What the hell?
Angie: I'd love to, thank you. I'll see you later.
Star: Okay.

(I really forget that Star is a friendly person but My mom for dinner? When I see her face it just reminds me of everything bad. What's dinner gonna do?)

Marco: Dinner?
Star: Marco, you know for months you've been ignoring her and like you said it's different now. Stella is her family too I think she deserves to have a relationship with her. Plus my mom hasn't really spoken to her.
Marco: I just wish you'd ask me.
Star: I'm sorry.. you're right. I did the same thing when it came to Janna and look what happened.
Marco: Forget Janna. *holds her hand* If you think your mom should meet mines then Maybe that's best, we do have a child together.
Star: Are you okay though?
Marco: I'm.. I don't know it's weird. Are you okay?
Star: I'm fine, but are you really sure about your mom coming over?
Marco: Yeah, uhm let's go to the park and eat something.
Star: Marco, seriously I don't want to make another mistake. Please if you don't want her there just tell me now.
Marco: Babe relax, it's fine. Look at this point I guess we already cleared everything up. Your mom is good at talking to people so hopefully things won't get out of hand at dinner.
Star: Okay, well if it's okay with you. Marco I'm actually really proud of you.
Marco: Why would you be proud of me?
Star: Well you spoke to your mom and you're finally letting her be involved. I want you to know whatever decision you make, I'll be right behind you.
Marco: *smiles* Really?
Star: Of course *hugs him*

(Hearing that she's proud of me, I don't know it kinda makes me feel good about myself. I hope my mom doesn't do anything stupid tonight. I'll probably never forgive her. I know Star just wants us to "get along" but nobody really knows how I feel even if I explain it. It's like my mom is trying to change but then again I could never forget what she's done. I don't want her to even try doing those things to Stella either. But I guess we'll just have to see later.)