Suggested Pain

**CHAEYOUNGs POV**

After an overnight thinking, I decided to end everything between me and Mina. I mean why do I need to keep on dating her when I already know that I need to married someone who's not Mina? I dont want to give her a day of happiness then at the end of it Im going to take it away by telling her I cant continue what we have. Lets face reality, theres no such word as a 'good timing' when at the end we will going to hurt someone who's important to us.

2 months with her is enough for me to cherish those memories. I have to let her go.

I go back to my place with my painting that will be hanged at the gallery.

When I enter my place, its neat as if somebody had been taking good care of my place. "Mina." I whisper when I remember that she has her own key except me and Dahyun. Dahyun wont clean this place specially when she's busy at the gallery so Im sure its Mina.

I still have 4 days left before the gallery opening. I brought the painting to my art room before I proceed to my room.

I smile at how clean my room. I walk to my closet and it reveals an organize clothes. Color by color. Why thus Mina made things easy for me while at the same time difficult for me?

Before anything else, I need to talk to Dahyun regarding my family problem. I know I shouldnt ask for her help since she cant help me with this but I want her to handle Mina.

Ofcourse I wont tell her that we had some misunderstanding thats why I really left my place.

-------

"How are you bro?! Did you finish your piece already? Im worried when I read your text the next day."

I asked Dahyun to come over after her work. I think Mina already know that I got back since Dahyun come straight here. I left the lights on at the living room so Mina wont try to come in.

We settled down at the kitchen before I start talking.

"Im fine. And yes, I finish my piece. I have it at my art room. Do you want to see it?"

"No. Id rather to see it on the opening. So why did you asked me to come over?"

"I---"

"Ooh yeah! Do you know where is Mina? We was supposed to came here together but suddenly she disappears."

"Ahmmm? She'll come later. I texted her that I want us to have privacy."

I watch her as she slowly nodded.

"Bro, Ill go straight to the point. But I think something is wrong. Mina was a bit off when we talked thru phone. Whats the problem?"

I can't tell her. Rather Ill tell her my family problem right away.

"Bro, I want you to help me. Because father wants me to get married."

Dahyun was drinking her juice when I confessed. Her mouth agape so the liquid comes out at her mouth like a waterfalls.

"Dahyun!!!" I reached out for a rag to wipe out the juice.

"You're kidding, right?"

"I hope Im not." She probably hear the sadness in my voice.

"How about Mina?"

The mention of her name pains me alot. I cant speak. I cant say the word that I need to let her go, because the truth is I wanted to fight for what I feel but I cant. Im coward.

"Bro, did you ever tell this to Mina?"

"No, I havent and I will never tell her."

"She'll eventually learn it sooner or later! And when she founds out she'll get hurt and probably leave you----" she pauses and meet my eyes. Our eyes connected as if she already know whats running into my mind. "Bro, you cant do that! Mina deserves to know that truth!"

"She cant! Mina is stubborn! She'll try to look for a loop so I can get out from this but I dont want her to do it."

"Why not?"

I look down to my hands, I cant answer her. I dont know what the future awaits for us.

"You're doubting Mina's feelings arent you?"

I raised my head with confusion occupying my mind. Am I doubting her feelings?

"Or you're doubting your own feelings?"

Am I?

"Oh my! How long have you been dating? Thus those days together never give you any answer?"

"What are you talking?"

"Ive seen you together, once. And that one time is enough for me to say that what you feel towards one another is strong and real. The way both of you look to each other says a lot!"

I try to think about what she had say. Inhaling and exhaling while composing myself.

"You know what? I get your point. But I want to ask you one question. Will those feelings help me to save my father for humiliation?"

I know that its not my fault that my father did a crime, but I cant stand at the side knowing that I can do something to help him out.

"Chaeyoung---"

"Just answer with yes or no."

"No," She answer my question in whisper without looking at me."But maybe---"

"Please dont continue. Im ready for the pain. Please Dahyun, Id rather do this now that do it later. I want to save Mina from so much pain."

"Chaeyoung, you cant save her from pain. But atleast make her happy for a while."

"So what are you suggesting?"

"Since she'll be in pa-- I mean both of you will be on pain why not be happy for a couple of days? Until the gallery opening? Because if you will stop dating her, you will still see each other on the opening. How about that?"

"But---"

"Like what you've said, she'll be in pain at the end. Let her be happy Chaeyoung. She deserve it."

Exhaling and inhaling again. I need to decide. I close my eyes and a tear stream down. I felt Dahyun brings me to a warm hug.

"Im sorry bro."

"Yeah."

"What do you mean 'yeah'?"

"She deserves to be happy so Ill do what you said. But please I dont want Mina to know the truth. Ill just leave her without any trace after the gallery opening. So please, dont help her to find me. Help her to forget me."

My last words made me broke down as the tears coming out from my eyes and I cant even stop it.

---------

~~~~~~
Message:

I try to update and Im sorry for the pain. Please dont hate me.