Time for a Play

Summary: Alex, Lafayette and the Schuyler sisters join a drama class and Eliza is trying out for the lead role. What happens when a certain sister gets the part instead of her?

"C'mon guys! We can't be late!" cried an excited Eliza. She was practically dragging Alexander to the school auditorium, her sister's and Lafayette following close behind. They were all really excited to start their new class. Well...Eliza was the most excited.

"Eliza! We have a few minutes till class! Chill!" Angelica yelled. "You're going to run right into someone-"

"There's no time to slow down!"

"Elizabeth you're going to be the death off me!" Alex complained.

"Look mes amies! We're here!" Laf pointed out.

"YES!" Eliza let go of Alex who immediately lost his balance and fell to the floor. "Drama class here I come!" Eliza ran straight through the door, followed by her sisters. Laf helped Alex up from the ground.

"You okay, mon petit lion?" He half laughed.

"I will be once the room stops spinning."

"C'mon!" Lafayette grabbed his hand and lead him through the doors. It was a huge room full of seats and gorgeous stage.

"Wooooooow...this place is beautiful!" Alexander was in total awe.

"I know right!" Eliza screeched. She then walked up on the stage, looking to the "crowd" and beamed. "This is where I was meant to be!"

"Hello students!" A short young woman came from behind the stage, greeting her new students. "My name is Mrs. Soo and I will be your drama teacher. Now, would you all be so kind and state your first and last names, please?"

"John Church."

"Henry Knox."

"Nathaniel Pendleton."

"Thomas Conway."

"Dolley Payne Todd."

"Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette!"

"Marie Adrienne Francoise de Noailles!"

"Angelica Schuyler."

"Martha Manning."

"Stephen Van Rensselaer."

"Alexander Hamilton Washington."

"Margarita Schuyler! I prefer Peggy though."

"Elizabeth Schuyler!"

Miss Soo smiled at all her new students. She gave them a tour of the auditorium and showed them the dressing rooms. It looked so professional! Eliza was blown away at the sights. So beautiful!

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please." Miss Soo stood before the class with a big stack of papers in her hands. "I will be holding tryouts for a show that we will be performing in two weeks. The play is called "Aphrodite!" It's about a young girl who's father tries to marry her off to a rich man for her family name but falls in love with a pauper named Benny." Eliza nearly jumped with joy after hearing that. She had always wanted to be in a play. "Now, who would like be in a play of courage, love and triumph?" Eliza's hand shot up first followed by her fellow classmates. Miss Soo chuckled at the middle Schuyler. "I love the enthusiasm!" She began to hand out information for the play. "Tryouts are on Friday at noon. Now, keep in mind this is a musical. The tryout requirement is you must sing a song from a musical."

"Miss Soo?"

"Yes Elizabeth?"

"Could it be from a movie musical?"