Pain of the Past

Requested by Emmapashley

Summary: Sometimes a person can be perfectly fine on the outside and hide it very well. It could the person you least expect. What happens when memories of the past cause even more damage?

TW: Self-harm

Alex couldn't understand. He was feeling so...different. He's not alone anymore. He has a group of friends who understand him, a boyfriend who loved him and a caring family. Somehow, he just couldn't escape. Dark memories cloud his mind everyday.

Useless child!

I'm sorry d-dad...

Smack!

What have I told you about calling me that?

N-not to...

You're a fucking idiot!

Smack!

I hate you!

"Alex!"

"Huh? What happened?" He jumped out of his thoughts.

"You kind of spaced out." Thomas answered. "Have you been getting enough sleep?" He worryingly rubbed his boyfriend's back.

"Yeah. I usually go to bed at 10 on school nights. It's probably nothing though."

"If you say so."

"Don't worry Tommy, I'll start going to sleep at 9 instead. I'll get an extra hour."

"As long as you get the rest you need, babe. I'll see ya tomorrow. Love you!"

"Love you too! Bye Tommy!" Alexander smiled and waved to his boyfriend. Once Thomas was out of sight, he dropped the fake smile. He headed off to his dad's car. Smile! Then nobody with notice your pain.

"Hey son, how was school?" Washington asked as Alex got in the car.

"Same as always, but I like that." Alex smiled widely. Tone it down a bit Alexander!

"You haven't had a run in with...you know who?"

"Nope! Haven't seen them all day."

"That's good. Let's go home." Washington started the car and pulled away from the school. Alexander pulled out a notebook and started count to himself. Every June, Kings Highschool has a carnival to celebrate the end of the school year. As class treasurer, Alexander had the responsibility along with treasurers of the Sophomore, Junior and Senior years to make calculations and see what the school can afford. Since it was the end or February, that gave him almost four months.

"If we were to have a fundraiser, what kind would it be...?" He asked himself. "Maybe a-"

Get out of here kid! This isn't a place for lowlifes like you!

One of the market employees pushed Alexander over resulting in him to land on his back.

Get lost orphan! Do everyone a favor and go!

"Alexander, we're home." His father pulled him out of his thoughts. He grabbed his belongings and exit the car. Memories of the painful past flashed in is mind as he walking in the front door, but he smiled. They have enough to worry about. Some dumb emotions don't need to add on.

"Hi Alexander. How was your day?" Martha asked with her bubbly smile.

"It's was good. How was work?" Alex tried to maintain normality. He smiled and nodded as his mother spoke to him about her next project. "I'm glad everything's working out, mom. I'll be in my room, working on fundraising ideas."