Non-Stop

Summary: In history class, Mr. Greene assigned his students a research project on different historical events. Alexander is serious about getting it done. But what happens when he overworks himself?

Monday:

It was around 9:30 in the morning. Alex and Eliza were sitting in history class as their teacher Mr. Greene was rambling on about...something. They weren't really paying attention.

"Class, for your next assignment I will assign you a historical event. You are to teach the class about your even in 10 minutes or less. This will count for 80% of your grade and effect your report card." The whole minus Alec class groaned. Instead he raised his hand. "Yes, Alexander?"

"How long do we have to work on this?"

"You will have until Friday." The color from Alex's face drained. Five days?! (NANI?!)

"B-but sir! That's only five days!"

"Well then, I guess we better get started." Mr. Greene changed the board to a list of historical events and started giving them to students. "Elizabeth, you have the 9/11 Terrorist Attack. Alexander, you have World War II."

Oh god! Alex slammed his head on his desk. That war went on for 6 freaking years! I guess I'm ready for sleepless nights!

*Time skip brought to you by MY history teacher pulling the same shit*

Alexander sprinted to his dad's car. He was 5 minutes later than when he usually met Washington after school. His hands were full of books. Washington noted that as soon as his son opened the car door.

"Hey, son. How was you day?" Washington asked as Alex got in and shut to car door.

"Pretty good, minus the crazy research project Mr. Greene assigned." Alexander buckled his seatbelt. "I have five days to research and make a 10 minute lesson on World War II." Washington started to drive away from the school.

"That sounds like a lot to handle."

"Yeah. That war was 6 years." Alexander was now reading one of his books about World War II he got from the library. "I had to stop at the school library before I got here."

"Well knowing you, I'm sure you'll come up with something great."

"Thanks dad." The rest of the drive home was mostly silent. He was reading through his books and tying notes on his laptop. The young teen was so busy with his project he didn't hear his father call him.

"Alexander!"

"Huh?"

"We're home."

"Oh, okay." Alex grabbed his books and laptop. Washington opened the front door and was greeted by his wife.

"Hey, love." She kissed his cheek. Hey, Alex. How was your day?"

"Good. I'm gonna be in my room working on a school project."

"Okay, sweetie. I'll let you know when dinner is ready." Alexander then walked up the stairs to his room. He closed his door once he got inside. Dropping his on his bed, he went through his walk in closet to grab another blanket. The family was still living in the Washington's vacation home. They hadn't been in their actual house since the fire. His parents decided it was best to permanently live in the vacation home and sold the house due to the fact that they were now raising a child.

You sold the house?! Why? That was yours and mom's home since forever!

Alexander it's for the best. There's so much more room here and we can't keep both now that-