Washington Vacation (Part 1)

Requested by EmilieProctor

Summary: Summer has begun! Time for the perfect get away! Well...maybe not perfect. The Washington's decided to go on their first family vacation. What if they end up going to the place Alexander's life turned upside down...Nevis!

June 20, summer had begun. It was all so exciting. Usually, Alexander would hate this time of year because it meant he would be stuck on the streets 24/7. This time was different. The good kind of different.

His friends all had some exciting plans. Thomas's father was coming from France to spend time with Thomas and Lafayette. The Schuyler sister's are going to have "girl time" with Maria and Susan. Church was going to work as a summer camp councilor. Aaron was going catch up on his reading. Hercules was going to work on his sewing skills and John was going to spend more time with his sister and work on his drawing. Alex didn't have any plans for the summer, but spending more time with his parents was enough for him.

"Alexander! Can you come down stairs for a moment?" His father called from the living room. Tossed aside the book he was reading, took off his glasses and made his way downstairs.

"There you are, sweetie!" Martha beamed as soon as she saw the teen. "Your father and I have something we'd like to tell you."

"Fire away!"

"Son, how would you like to take your first family vacation?" Washington asked.

"NO WAY!" Alex cheered. "REALLY?" His parents nodded in excitement. "Let's do it! Where are we going?"

"We haven't decided yet. Is there anywhere thinking of?"

"Not in specific."

"I'm sure wherever we go will be fun, as long as we're together." Martha wrapped an arm around her husband and son. "However, there is one place I have in mind."

"What is it mom?"

"I'm curious to know about the place your from, Alex." That moment, Alexander could have sworn his heart stopped. It's normal that they would wondered what the place their son came from would be like. It doesn't mean that it wasn't traumatic thought. There's a possibility that he might be going back to the place where it all started. He wanted to tell them how he truly felt about going back, but instead...

"That's a great idea, mom!" He responded. Another lie.

"Are you sure, son?" Washington asked, concern laced in his voice. "We understand if you're not comfortable going back. You have had some traumatic experiences there."

Tell them the truth, you idiot!

"Yeah, I'm sure! It would be nice to visit my old home." More lies!

Really Alexander? When will you learn? There's no helping you anymo-

"Alex?" Alexander then got up and went to the kitchen cabinets.

"I gotta take my pills." He grabbed his medication as Washington grabbed him a bottle of water. He handed him the bottle and Alex took the pills.

"Good now?" Washington placed a hand on his boy's shoulder. Alex nodded. He knew he wasn't jumping for joy over the fact he was going back to the Caribbean, but he just wanted to make his parents happy...for a change.

*Time skip brought to you by bad ideas*

Alexander and Thomas walked walked in the park, hand in hand. This was the last Alex was going to see him for two weeks. He was going to miss him along with all his other friends. He just didn't know how to tell him.

"What did you want to tell me, babe?" Thomas asked as they settled down on a park bench.

"I wanted to spend some alone time with you before I have to leave."

"Leave?"

"I am flying off to Nevis. I'm going on vacation for two weeks."

"I won't see my beautiful Lexi for two weeks?" Thomas jokingly pouted. "Who will I kiss and cuddle with?" Thomas pulled one of Alexander's hands to his lips and kissed it. Alex chuckled at his boyfriend.

"I won't have any phone service there so that doesn't work either."

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more. I love you macaroni fucker."

"I love you more, gremlin."

"Hey! I'm not a gremlin. I'm travel size!"

"More like fun size, beautiful~" Thomas leaned in and kissed the boy on the lips. It was a sweet moment that the two of them wanted to savor. After a couple of minutes, Thomas pulled away to admire his boyfriend's beauty one last time before he leaves. "I will wait for you."

*Time skip

-One week later-

You piece of shit!

Smack!

I hate you! You were the biggest mistake I've ever made!

8:30 am. Alexander was on a plane, sitting in between his parents. Both were asleep. Alex just couldn't sleep. He was too worried about seeing his old home. What if I see my old house? I would lose it and probably do something stupid! He was stressed. He didn't know what to expect. Is it still the same poor place or has it changed?

"Attention all passages, this is your captain speaking." Martha and George had now awoke. "We have arrived at our destination. Please remain seated until we have landed."

"George, we're here! Martha piped as she looked out the window like and eager child. Alex joined her.

"Wow! I still can't believe I'm here after five years."

"I'm excited to see what it's like." The plane had officially stopped. Passengers stood up, grabbed their bags and exit the plane. The Washington's made their way through the airport, Alex was prepared for whatever was to come. They got to the exit when he stopped in front of it.

"Sweetie? Are you okay?" Martha asked him.

"I'm scared. I haven't been here since I was ten. What if this was a bad idea?" Alexander lightly trembled. This was a big moment for him and if anything triggered his anxiety, he can't go running to Dr. Miranda for the time being. His shaking suddenly stopped. He felt a warm hand holding both of his. One belonged to his dad and the other belonged to his mom.

"We're here, son." Washington soothed. "

"You're not alone." Martha added. Alexander took a deep breath and closed his eyes. It was now or never.

"Ready son?"

"Ready!" The doors opened.

Hey guys! This is only part one, so there's more to come! Alex is facing his biggest challenge yet! What do you think is to come during this vacation? I've got BIG plans for this! Thank you all so much for reading. I love you guys! Stay tuned!