Jefferson vs. Burr

Summary: Thomas decides to run for class president of his class. What happens when he goes up against a new rival, Aaron Burr? What if this rivalry isn't over the election?

Short oneshot

It was free period. Alexander and Lafayette were sitting next to each other and sharing ear buds in the hall.

"I wanted someone strong who could protect me." Alex was singing along.

"I let his anger fester and infect me." Lafayette also sang along, his accent dripping as he did. "His solution is a lie."

"No one here deserves to die. Except for me and the monster I created!"

"Yeah! Yeah!" They sang together. "Heads up, J.D., I'm a dead girl walking! Can't hide from me, I'm a dead girl walking! And there's your final-"

"Guys! You're not going to believe this!" Thomas ran over to them in excitement. Alex and Laf pulled out their headphones.

"What's up, babe?" Alex asked his boyfriend.

"I wanna run for class president!" His boyfriend and cousin smiled. Alexander got up from the floor.

"That's great news, Tommy! I really think you could win! Who are you running up against?"

"Arron Burr." Thomas sighed

"Ugh!" Lafayette groaned. "That guy is such a how do you say, buzzkill! The worst part is nobody knows what he stands for!"

"Is he that bad?" Alex asked, earning two blank expressions.

"You'll get sick of him quick, love." Thomas replied. "Trust me. Oh, and there are other positions like, vice president, secretary, treasurer. Why not run for vice president Alex. We'd be a great team."

"Honestly, if I were to run I'd go for treasurer. I had some ideas for improving our class's budget."

"Laf, you wanna run for anything?"

"Nah, I'll leave that to you nerds." The french teen joked. "I've got to meet Herc at the library now. See ya at lunch."

"See ya Laf!" Lafayette then left the couple together.

"How do I sign up?" Thomas grabbed his boyfriend's hand and practically dragged him to Washington's class.

"Right here!" Thomas pointed to a whiteboard with the four options written on them. There were names also written under each option for whomever wanted to run for that spot.

"Eliza is running for secretary? Cool!"

"The freshman debate club teacher works along with Mr. Washington for the student council." Thomas added. Alex gasped really loud causing Washington to look up from his work.

"They have a debate club?!" Alexander asked his eyes sparking with excitement.

"Yeah, it's can be an elective too." Washington added. "You know, you can always join. It's still only your freshman year."

"But don't you already have drama?" Thomas asked his lover.

"This is even better than drama! This could help me with my dream career. I'll just quit drama."

"What's your dream career, son?"

"I wanna be a lawyer!" Both Washington and Thomas smiled hearing that.

"Oh my god, Lexi! We really do have everything in common! So do I!"

"Then let's take debate together!"

"Will do!" They shook on it and wrote their names under treasurer and president.

"I can speak with your counselor about switching you drama class for debate." Washington added.