Helpless

Fast forward to the 7 years into the future. Alexander and his friends have graduated highschool and college. Adult life had finally begun. What if a certain someone has a plan? Will everything work out or end in disaster?

"I'm running out of time! I'm running out of time!"

A tall figure ran down the sidewalks of New York City. He clearly stressed as he tried to beat the clock. There was a certain store he just had to reach before it closed.

"I'm gonna make it! I have to!" He encouraged himself as he was only feet away from the place. Once he reached the door, he barged in and fell to his knees trying to catch his breath. A worker stopped and rushed over to him.

"Are you okay sir?" She asked as she crouched down to him.

"Y-yeah! I-I'm s-sorry! I-I r-ran all t-the w-way h-h-here!" He huffed. Once he regained his breath, he stood up and fixed himself up. "Sorry for barging in here like an animal. I'm just really excited...and nervous."

"That's okay, sir." The worker smiled. "How may I help you?"

"I'm looking to buy and engagement ring." The worker gasped.

"An engagement ring? How lovely! Who's the lucky lady?"

"Well, actually I'm proposing to my boyfriend." The worker smiled brightly at the man.

"How wonderful! Do you have anything on mind?"

"Well, I know his favorite color is green- do you have any rings with emeralds?" The worker pulled out a shelf of emerald rings.

"This is our best selection of emerald engagement rings. I hope you find something you like." The man browsed, looking at every ring, thinking about what his lover would like. It didn't take too long for him to find the perfect ring. He couldn't help but tear up as he grabbed it. Imagine the look on his face when I propose with his ring! Just the thought of it makes me feel helpless!

"It's beautiful!" The man smiled. "This is the one!"

"I'm so glad you found one." The worker then rang him up. The man paid, excited for what could be the happiest day of his life.

*Time skip brought to you by engagement ring searching*

The man was now in a flower shop. His lover was at work, so he knew he had some time. He knew exactly what the love of his life would like.

"Hello sir." The florist greeted. "How may I help you?"

"I would like to place a delivery." The man smiled. "Could that be done within the next twenty minutes? He'll be on break by then."

"Yeah, I can do that! Have you found anything to your liking? Or well, your lover's liking?"

"His favorite flowers are purple lilacs. So, I'll get- THAT one!" He pointed at a big bouquet of lilacs. The florist grabbed the bouquet and clipped off some of the stems, making them small enough to fit in a vase. The florist then started to help the man fill out the delivery card.

"What's the name of the person you'd like this sent to?"

"Alexander Hamilton Washington." The florist wrote down.

"Who's name is this delivery under?"

"Thomas Jefferson."

*Time skip brought to you by purple lilacs*

Alexander sat in his office sorting through paperwork. He was living his best life. His parents supported him throughout college, his friend group never broke up, John's sister Mary was cancer free, he was four years clean, and Thomas and he were now living together. It took some convincing his parents, but they knew deep down that he would want to have his own life some day. They continued to love and support him and his decisions.

"Alexander, could you come out here for a moment?" His boss called.

"I'll be right out!" He got up from his desk and walked out his office to the break room. Once he entered, he saw a bouquet of lilacs sitting on the table with a note. "Where did these come from?"

"They're for you." His boss chuckled. Alex grabbed the note and read it out loud.

My dearest Alexander,
I have a special surprise for you when you return home. I can't wait to see you, my love.

Love,
Thomas

"Tommy." He said to himself with a big smile.

"That boyfriend of yours?"

"Yeah! We've been together since 9th grade."

"That's lovely! I wonder what he has planned."

"I wonder."

*Time skip brought to you by a bouquet of flowers*

"Tommy! I'm home!" Alexander entered the house, locking the door behind him and still holding his flowers. It looked a little dark, aside from a small light he saw from the living room. "Tommy?" He slipped off his shoes and walked to the living room. Once he entered, he gasped. He saw rose petals all over the floor and candles lit.

"Hey Lexi." Alex turned to see his boyfriend dressed in a suit.

"Babe!" He put his flowers down and ran into his arms. Thomas chuckled and wrapped his arms around his short lover.

"Hi baby. I missed you."

"I missed you more!" Thomas then lead Alex into the dining room. It was all set up with a fancy dinner for two. "Oh, Tommy! It's beautiful!"

"Well, I see something more beautiful everyday." Thomas winked at Alexander making him blush. They sat at the table and had dinner.

After dinner, it was time for dessert. Thomas had brought over a cake, shaking a bit. Alex noticed pretty quickly.

"You okay Tommy?" He asked, slightly worried.

"A-A-Alex, y-you k-k-know I-I lov-ve y-you, r-right?" The taller man stumbled on his words.

"Babe, you're scaring me..."

"Sorry. It's just...well-" Thomas took a breath and cut Alex a slice of cake. Alex thanked him and took the slice. He took a bite-

"Ouch! What was that?" Alex then saw something in the cake. An engagement ring. The shorter male gasped and teared up. Thomas grabbed the ring, cleaned it off with a napkin, and got on one knee.

"Alexander, I remember the first day I met you. We've been through some crazy things. Remember the night of that car chase?" Alexander nodded as tears fell down his cheeks. "That was the night I knew I loved you. I wanted to be with you. I want to have more adventures with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Alexander Hamilton Washington, will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes! I will marry you!" Alex cried. Thomas smiled and slipped the ring onto his now fiance's finger. Alexander looked at the ring on his finger and kissed Thomas, feeling over joyed. They kissed for what felt like hours, before pulling away.

"I love you, Lexi!"

"I love you too, Tommy!"

Wooo hooo! They're engaged! Yes! Well guys, the next oneshot will be the finale of this book! I think you guys know what's next! Thank you all so much for reading! I love you all so much! Peace out!