George and Martha

Summary: The past holds many moments. Some are good and some are bad. What about those special moments that change your life for the better?

Have you ever looked in the mirror and wondered, 'Where will I be in ten years? Would I have an amazing career? Will I end up homeless on the streets? Will I marry the love of my life or end up alone?' Rewind to the year 1997! Why you ask? Well, because sometimes it takes memories of the past to help you appreciate and love the the life you have in the present. Perhaps, if you live life to it's fullest, the future will be brighter than the sun itself.

"Oh! Oh! Yes! I'm doing it! Yes!"

"Benedict! Can you please put your gameboy away and sit down. Mrs. Nelson's going to take it again!" A tall boy sitting near the back of the class spoke. He was only 17 years of age and 6 feet tall! He had the body of a school athlete. A football player perhaps. In this case, you might not want to judge a book by its cover. This boy was actually...a nerd! (Le gasp!)

"Okay! Okay! Sweet Jesus, George! I knew you were a nerd, but not this much. Class hasn't even started!" A boy named Benedict Arnold complained. He sat at his desk, playing on his gameboy. However, this isn't a story about him.

"Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you." It was about another boy. His name is, George Washington. "Mrs. Nelson is really starting to get annoyed with you."

"Pfft! She can kiss my-"

"Hello class!" Benedict shoved his gameboy in his backpack and sat with his hands folded.

"Good morning, Mrs. Nelson!" George rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"Kiss up." He teased.

"You're one to talk, teacher's pet." The classroom door opened again. George felt his heart beat as his cheeks turned red and palms got sweaty. A beautiful girl brown, wavey, silky hair. She wore it down to frame that beautiful face. In George's eyes, she was a priceless jewel. Her name, Martha Dandridge. (Fun fact: that was her last name from her first husband)

"Earth to George!"

"What?"

"Were you looking at Martha again?" Benedict teased his best friend. "Oh, George. Sweet innocent George. I swear you fall more in love with that girl everyday!"

"I can't help it! She's so perfect." He swooned.

"Why don't you ask her to the dance? She knows you wrote her those love letters and you saved her from Keith. She should be yourself to claim!" George glared at his friend.

"She's not a trophy!"

"I'm just saying, shouldn't you have 'the girl' by now? I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Also, I think she likes you back."

"Ben, she just got out of an abusive relationship. She might need time to heal. I don't want to rush her into anything she's doesn't want. I'm willing to wait for it." As if it were on cue, Martha looked over at George and smiled. She made her way over to the boy. "She's coming over here! Act natural!"

"Hi George!" She greeted with her usual enthusiasm and sweet voice.

"H-Hi Martha! What are you doing here?"

"Um...we have the same class, silly."

"Oh right! I knew that." Benedict faced palmed as Martha chuckled.

"How have things been?" George tried.

"A lot better, thanks to you. I would stayed with Keith if it wasn't for you. I'm grateful to have someone like you."