You should have told me

Requested by trashyotakuthing

Summary: Alexander gets sick. What will happen if he keeps it to himself? What happens when John finds out?

Dizziness. That's what Alexander felt when he woke up. Dizzy, nauseous, and very warm. Alex shivered and coughed as he lifted his head off of his pillow. Moving faster than intended, he fell back onto it. Great! I'm sick. His eyes widened in realization.

"Oh no! I'm sick! This bad!" He got up slower so he wouldn't fall. "This is really bad! If dad finds out he's gonna make me miss school- achoo!" Alex fell back onto the bed. "Ugh! This is gonna kill me! There's no way Thomas is gonna see-" He suddenly had an idea. He made his way over to his dresser and grabbed his make-up box. "Thank you, Peggy!" He ran straight to his bathroom and got to work.

*Meanwhile*

"Good morning, honey." Martha greeted her husband as she finished making breakfast.

"Good morning, love." Washington pecked his wife on the cheek. "What's on the agenda today?"

"The Jackson's are expecting the equipment today. They can't wait to see the design plan I've come up with."

"I can't either. You're an artist, my love."

"And you've always had a way with words~" They shared a kiss. That was the moment Alexander walked in.

"Bleh! Get a room!" He joked as his parents pulled away. Washington smirked.

"We had the room until you showed up." He joked. "So you kind of got yourself into that one."

"Fair enough." Martha handed her son a plate. "So mom, how's the designing going?"

"Wonderful! I'm setting up the baby's room today. They're having a boy and invited us to the baby shower."

"Cool- achoo!" Alex's parents quickly turned to him.

"Are you okay, son?" Washington asked out of concern.

"Yeah, just allergies." Alexander sniffled. "I always have it around this time since winter is coming soon." Alex started eating.

"Since when do you wear makeup to school?" Washington asked with a playful smile and a brow raised.

"A little change to my day won't do any harm."

"Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with Thomas?" Martha teased. Alex froze as blush creeped onto his cheeks.

"H-He has n-nothing do with this. Really!" The flustered look on Alexander's face caused his parents to chuckle.

"You're adorable when you're flustered, sweetie." Martha teased further.

"Moooom!" Alex was now tomato red. "Not funny- achoo!" Once Alexander was finished eating, he wished his mother luck and went to school with his father. "See ya first period." Alex waved goodbye to Washington and met up with his best friend.

"He Alex!" John greeted.

"Hey John- achoo!"

"Alex, it's just John." John joked as Alex rolled his eyes. "You feeling alright?"

"I'b fide." Alexander sounded congested.

"You don't sound "fide" Alex."

"It's just allergies- achoo!"

"Aleeeeex?"

"See! I'b berfectly fide!" Alex sniffled.

"Oooookay? Anyways, the others are inside. It's really chilly today." John and Alexander decided to head inside and meet up with the group. Along the way, Alex started to feel dizzy again. John seemed to notice.