Washington Vacation (Part 3)

Summary: Alexander's cousin had just committed suicide. How will it effect him and his depression? What if parents are struggling to keep it together themselves?

Short part!

"P-PETER?!" The sight they witnessed was dreadful. Something they didn't expect to happen. What did they see you ask? They saw Alexander's cousin, Peter hanged from the ceiling. "N-No!"

"Alexander-" Alex made his way into the house. The closer got to his cousin, the worse he looked. He looked around to find something, anything he could use to cut the rope. Then, he found a knife just laying on the ground. He grabbed the chair that his cousin once stood on to tie the rope and he stood upon it. Alex immediately started to saw at the rope.

Thud!

The lifeless body fell to the floor.

"An ambulance is on it's way, son." Washington joined his son in the house. Alex had his back towards his father as he read a note his cousin left.

Off to Paradise I go! I'm free!

-Peter

His body started to tremble as he started sniffing. This was so unfair! After five years, he finally got to see his only blood related family left only for him to taken away. It explained why he was acting so odd at dinner.

"Why Peter?" He whispered.

"Son-"

"WHY?! HOW COULD YOU FUCKING DO THIS?! THIS IS SO UNFAIR!" Alex crashed to the floor. Sobs wreaking through his body as he hugged himself. "Why...?" Washington stood beside him and rubbed his back to calm him down. This made Alex sob harder.

"I-I'm so sorry, Alexander." He pulled his son close to his chest and both fell to their knees.

"...why...?"

Hey Peter?

What is it little one?

Why does dad hate me? Did I do something wrong?

Peter pulled a ten year old Alexander close to his chest

No, it's not you Alex. Uncle James is just sick

How do I make him better?

It's not as simple as making him soup or getting him to take a nap. This sickness is more spiritual.

Anything I can do to help him get better?

Peter proceeded to tickle the boy, who giggled in response

Just continue to be the best Alexander Hamilton you can me, okay?

Okay, Peter! I promise.

*Time skip brought to you by sorrow*

It was now 10 am. The Washington's were all awake and exhausted from what had happened in the middle of the night. George and Martha were having a serious discussion about what had happened while Alex sat in a corner, his back against the wall. His eyes were usually so bright and passionate, but now they looked nothing more than dull orbs. He was very still as he quietly counted in french.

"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf..." He breathed. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept-"

"George, we've gotta do something. Alexander hasn't moved from that spot for 2 hours!" Martha watched her son, sorrow filled her eyes.

"I'm worried about him. What he just saw can cause some lifelong damage." Washington informed.

"We need a plan."

"I'll talk to him when he calms down." After those words left his mouth, Martha gave him a look. "What is it love?"

"This isn't something that goes away from talking. It takes time and patience. The boy just lost his last blood related family. It's hard on him."

"I'll figure something else out."

"George, the last time I checked, parenting is a two person job..." Martha spoke, trying not to be rude about it. Washington looked at her in shock.

"Wait, what are you saying? Have you not been a mother for him?"

"I-I didn't mean it like that. What I'm saying is, well...let me take control of this situation right now."

"You're making me sound like I'm trying to control everything."

"No! You're taking this the wrong way. I'm just saying I had a relative who went through the same situation and I could help."

"It's not that I don't want you to help. One wrong move, and that could break him!"

"He's my son!"

"Well, he's my son too!"

"Exactly! That makes him OUR son, George! It's not player 1 and player 2! It's US!"

"Okay then! Do you have any ideas on what next, Martha?" Washington hinted a bit of annoyance in his voice.

"Oh, you're doing THIS now, George? Of all times!" Martha rolled her eyes.

"What's your problem, Martha?"

"What's my problem? This wouldn't have turned into a big thing if you'd just listened to me! For once!"

"Well maybe you should get more involved!"

"MORE INVOLVED?!"

"I DON'T SEE YOU TRYING TO SOLVE EVERYTHING!"

"IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SOLVE EVERYTHING! THAT'S JUST HOW THE WORLD WORKS!"

"WHAT ABOUT WHAT CAN BE SOLVED? WHERE WERE YOU THEN?"

"HE'S 15, GEORGE! HE DOESN'T NEED US TO BE HELICOPTER PARENTS ALL THE TIME!"

"BUT WE CAN'T JUST IGNORE THE PROBLEM ALL TOGETHER!"

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M SAYING! THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT THERE! YOU DON'T LISTEN!"

"MY PROBLEM?! Perhaps, this vacation was a mistake!"

"Something we finally agree on!"

"STOP!" Martha and George turned to their son, who had his knees to his chest and his ears covered. The sight was heartbreaking. Washington froze in realization. He and his wife had fought in front of Alexander!

"Stop fighting!" Alexander sniffled. "Fighting is what split- changed things between my birth parents. It's what...w-what made my life a living hell! I don't want...you- you to split up! Please...please...please!" Alexander broke down even more. His parents gave him pitiful expressions. Martha grabbed her shoes and started to put them on.

"Where are you going?" He husband asked in confusion.

"To carry out my plan." Martha said rather bluntly.

"But-"

"George...I love you. I love you from the bottom of my heart, but you need to understand something. You can't just control everything all the time because life isn't all that simple." Those were Martha's last words before she head out that door.

Yipes! Martha and George had their first fight as parents. What does this mean? What will happen to them? Where is Martha going? Thank you guys so much for reading. It's almost 1:30 in the morning, but I couldn't sleep without updating for you guys! I love you all that much! Welp, goodnight!