Washington Vacation (Part 4)

Summary: Martha brings back an old friend of Alexander. Who could it be?

Martha stood in front of a door with a paper in her hand. A paper with an address. She read it off in her head and looked back up at the place. I'm in the right area.

Well maybe you should get more involved!

MORE INVOLVED?!

I DON'T SEE YOU TRYING TO SOLVE EVERYTHING!

"I'm trying..."

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SOLVE EVERYTHING! THAT'S JUST HOW THE WORLD WORKS!

WHAT ABOUT WHAT CAN BE SOLVED? WHERE WERE YOU THEN?

"We're supposed to be a team." Martha shook off her thought. This was for her son.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

A few moments of silence passed, nothing. Martha was about to knock again when the door sprang open. Behind it was a woman with neck length black hair, hazel guys and glasses. She looked to be in her twenties.

"May I help you, ma'am?" The woman asked.

"Pardon me, are you, Margaret De' Laquis, miss?" (I'm sorry! XD)

"That depends, who's asking?" The woman responded.

"Of course! I'm Martha Washington. I have been looking for you."

"I'm getting nervous."

"I have a couple of questions. Do you know anybody named, Peter Lytton?" The woman's face paled.

"P-P-Peter? I haven't seen him in almost 3 years. Do you know where he is?"

"Um...miss, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but...he committed suicide just last night."

"W-what?!"

"I'm sorry." The woman sighed.

"Is that all you needed ma'am?"

"Actually, I have one other thing. Do you know a boy named, Alexander Hamilton?" The woman's expression dulled.

"I did...before he was killed. He was Peter's baby cousin. We were pretty close."

"He's alive." Margaret perked up.

"But...how do you know?" She wanted to believe the lady right before her, but it's not that simple.

"I've adopted him." Hope started to ignite once again. This was a chance to see Alexander again. The boy who was like a baby brother to her. She wanted this. She NEEDED this.

"Bring me to him! Please?"

"Of course, miss."

*Meanwhile*

Alexander was still in his corner. Washington sat beside him, an arm wrapped around him in a side hug. The boy was rocking a bit as he continued to count in french.

"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf..."

"Shhh! It's okay. I've got you."

"Un, deux, trois.." He couldn't keep going. His heart pounding so hard, it felt as if it were in his throat. He started to gag.

"Alex?" The boy dashed to the bathroom and shut the door behind him. He let out his contents into the toilet. "Alex?"

Knock!