Chapter 20

Kinza and Aahil entered the orphanage. Kinza stood still, she saw Kayan playing with a girl who was approximately 8 years old. Hayat stood a little away from the children holding balloons as she had to take proper care. Hasti was holding a 6-8 month old baby and Huma distributed chocolates. Kinza walked up to Hayat and stood beside her, while Aahil went towards the other side. 

“You know Kayan has named her. Her parents just left her at the orphanage door. The staff tried calling them but they went away. Poor girl had a whole in her heart but she is fine now, Alhamdullilah. The first time I saw her she was around 3 years and she asked Kayan if he got married to me, at that time I was just working for Kayan. It was so embarrassing” said Hayat and laughed. 

“Isn’t she the one who was wearing a blue frock on your Valima?” asked Kinza and Hayat nodded. 

Kinza walked around the orphanage, Aahil was distributing gifts and Aahil asked her to join him. She smiled at each one of them and kissed their foreheads. 

“Do you like kids?” asked Aahil.

“Not really. But I love the pain that is hiding behind these beautiful smiles. I love their heart breaking stories” said Kinza and Aahil looked at her astonished. 

This girl is a mystery!

One of them came and kissed Kinza on her cheeks and Kinza asked him, “What is your name?” 

“Mama and Papa didn’t like me, so no name but Aail calls me Aayan” the little kid said with twinkling eyes.

“Do you know what Ayaan means?” asked Kinza and the Ayaan shaked his head indicating no.

“It means, ‘A gift of God or good fortune’ said Kinza and pecked his cheeks.

“What does fortune mean?” asked Ayaan

“It means good luck,” said Kinza, smiling.

“Did dad not like the gift of God or did mom not believe in luck?” asked Ayaan.

Kinza looked at him with teary eyes and turned away but Aahil picked him up and answered, “God loved your parents so he called them and kept you here as good fortune and you are a gift for everyone here”

“Ya Allah give me and all the orphans out there sabr. How are these little kids surviving, please ease their pain and grant them success in both the worlds” Kinza muttered.

Kayan kept his hand on Aahil’s shoulder and said, “Aafiya is no more! She couldn’t fight cancer,”

Aahil and Kayan hugged each other and their eyes were wet but they controlled them and went towards a room where all the children gathered. 

“Oh Allah……..” Kayan and Aahil said some short prayers and the children said, Aameen”

A girl stood there silent, Kinza nudged Hayat and asked her about that girl

“She is Aafiya’s best friend, Aisha. Whenever I visited them they held their dolls, held each other’s hand and came running. They are around 9 to 11 years old” said Hayat.

Kinza went towards Aisha, she was holding a doll, She asked her, “Is that your doll?”

“It is Aafiya’s doll. This is my last memory with her. Allah took her away, I don’t know why? I want my Aafiya back” said the girl and started to cry. 

Kinza hugged her and said, “Allah loves Aafiya and so he called her. She is in heaven now”

“But why does Allah need Aafiya?” asked Aisha.