Chapter 33

A week had passed by, and Kinza was still in New York while Aahil stayed with her managing his work from Kinza. Kinza had to sell her Uncle's property and a few other formalities. The couple didn't talk about their last argument in San Francisco, which just got more awkward. Sometimes they were mad at each other, and at times they acted as if nothing happened. 

Kinza had told Hayat a little about their argument and that she felt Aahil was in love with someone else. Upon hearing this, Hayat told her about her conversation with Aahil when he had asked her if Kinza would cheat on him. 

"Just make sure Aahil doesn't know about it…"

"What if I get to know about it?" barged Aahil into the room. 

"I...I will talk to you later," stammered Kinza and hung up the call. 

Aahil snatched the phone from her and called back Hayat, and when Hayat said hello, he hung up, then started to scroll down in her call log. 

"Why are you checking my phone, Aahil? Do you doubt me?" asked Kinza. 

"There is nothing left to doubt! You are pressuring me to check your phone," replied Aahil. 

"Do you realize what you are saying? You are suspicious for no reason!" shrieked Kinza.

"There is surely Something that you are hiding from me. If you think I will forget this, you are wrong," howled Aahil. 

"Something is so wrong with you! You are overreacting. I will wait for you to calm down," said Kinza. 

"I am not overreacting. I am angry but isn't because of any other reason but you!" argued Aahil.

"Listen to me carefully. Do not try to play the blame game; you are fighting with me, and so I am fighting back," shouted Kinza.

"Just a minute, now you tell me about what you were talking about with Hayat?" asked Aahil.

"What can I talk about?" responded Kinza.

"Do not ask me a question in return for a question. I want an answer," said Aahil, looking straight into Kinza's eyes, but that look scared her as it was full of anger and not love. 

"Just random talks," replied Kinza looking here and there. 

"Your random talks include specifications like not telling me things, huh? Are you speaking the truth, Kinza?" questioned Aahil and held Kinza's arm tightly.

"Yes, I am," said Kinza trying to lose Aahil's grip on her arm.

"Aahil, you have become abusive. You are hurting me, leave my hand!" cried Kinza, and Aahil let her hand go.

Aahil went to the washroom feeling guilty, and Kinza murmured to herself, "Ektoh jab galti kare washroom bhaag jaata hai, Ammi se kehke iska dusra ghar banwa lenge washroom mai huh." 

(Whenever he commits a mistake, he runs to the washroom. I will ask Ammi to make his second house in the washroom)

Aahil looked at his own reflection in the mirror and felt disgusted about himself, he was turning into a monster like his father, and he would never want to hurt Kinza. He loved her silently for years, and when she finally had her, he wasn't valuing her, but the situation didn't let him think positively about Kinza. He just wanted her to be happy even if it was with Ali; however, his heart couldn't accept it, and his broken heart didn't cry but instead showed anger to Kinza. He would never want to be a monster like his father because he knew no woman deserves it, and Islam doesn't grant permission for hurting your wife. 

He thought about their last argument in San Francisco and then thought about all their beautiful moments together. He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself and said to himself, "Stay calm, Aahil. Do not repeat the same mistake again. Relax and think about it. Will Kinza ever cheat on you?" 

Aahil heard the room door open and close. He went outside the washroom and saw that Kinza wasn't there and peeped from the window and saw Kinza going outside the house. Aahil went out, but Kinza was gone. He sat in the car and started to look for Kinza in the nearby areas. Finally, he saw Kinza near an empty road. 

She thought about all those problems that occurred in her life, each time an issue came in her life, she didn't know what to do but remained patient, and Allah guided her.

One side of her wanted to slap Aahil and then hug him tight, while the other side hated him for being suspicious and even for coming late at night because he was with some girl, even though she didn't really believe it. 

Kinza was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't even see Aahil's car beside her. Aahil got down from the car and parked it in the corner and called her out, "Kinzu."

"Why are you here, Aahil? Now you are following me too," screamed Kinza across the road. 

"I am not following you, I was just con…" 

"Go away, Aahil! I don't want to see you," screamed Kinza.

______________________________________

Alhamdullilah for everything 💕
Vote, Comment & share💙