Chapter 21

Kinza woke up with a start. She was sweating all over. She couldn't breathe! She tried to grab the glass of water beside her but she couldn't hold it and she ended up dropping it. The glass broke into small pieces and Aahil woke up.

"Hey! Shush! Shushh...shushh, it is okay" said Aahil and hugged her trying to calm her down.

He was used to this and now he even knew how to handle Kinza when she got anxious or when she got anxiety or panic attacks, though they had reduced now but she got quite anxious in the first days of their marriage. In the start he was scared but now he knew how to handle it because Kinza's therapist had told him what to do.

Kinza slightly pushed Aahil, ran to the balcony and ended up falling on the ground. She was shivering and sweating. She couldn't bear it, her nightmares disgusted her. She cried aloud holding her hair and all she said was, "Don't go, Come back!"

Aahil started to recite some Surahs from the Quran to calm her down and after a while he rubbed her hands and leg and said, "Calm down! It is all in the past and it is not coming back. I am here Kinzu"

Aahil got a mini ice packet from the freezer and applied them to her neck and gave her chilled water. He held her hand and picked her up and started to walk around their garden and started to talk about his college days but Kinza felt uneasy because she had the worst days of her life in her college.

Kinza started to talk about her childhood and how caring fathers are, Aahil's eyes filled up with tears, even though he wanted a loving father. It was sad that even though he had a father it was as if he was dead. He wondered if his father would have been a good father like everyone else's, he would have loved Kinza and Kinza would find a second father but everyone has their own tests.

They both knew that they both had gone through a rough phase and now they couldn't change it so they decided to talk about Maldives and then about Jannah which comforted both of them. Kinza was fine in half an hour. They laid down on the grass, Kinza looked at Aahil and smiled saying, "The only good thing that has happened to me is you, after Maa Baaba and Hayat. They were there during the most difficult day and mama left too soon. You are there to make my life beautiful. Thankyou"

"I hope I always make you smile and keep you happy. It is you who has made my life beautiful by entering in it" said Aahil and winked.

"Aahil, the only relation I didn't mess up is with you and that too is because of your efforts. This marriage is the best experience I have had in my entire life, please don't ruin it" said Kinza and rested her head on Aahil's chest. Kinza was scared, very scared to lose Aahil or to have a bad experience in this marriage. True, she was too broken to be healed again but she was too scared to be broken too.

"Aahil, don't you want to know about my past?" asked Kinza.

"No, I never did and I just want you to know that whenever you want to talk about anything, I am always here" said Aahil and Kinza smiled then looked up at the stars.

She loved Aahil and she wanted him to know that she did but she didn't know how to confess and she never even responded to his I love you but she knew she would say it soon.

While Kinza looked up at the stars, Aahil noticed Kinza's eyes were pearls, they held so many secrets . Her nose wasn't small but not very fat. Not too long but not too short and Aahil wanted to bite her nose. She had thin lips and they fitted in perfectly even though the lower one was larger than the upper one. Her face was perfect with elegant features, her hands had at least three rings on them. One was of silver which was her mother's ,the other one an artificial ring which she used to change every month,and the last one was a platinum ring which her father had gifted to her on her 18th birthday.