Chapter 34

The moment she realized what she had said, a car came in full speed and hit Aahil. Aahil's body fell on the ground hard. Kinza ran towards Aahil, he was drenched in blood, and there was a lot of blood coming out of his head. Kinza put Aahil's head in her lap and cried; the sight of blood scared her, but what scared her the most was that it was her own husband this time.

She looked around, but there was no one on the road. She felt Aahil's breath on her hand, and then she looked at him. She thought of getting up to look for help; as Kinza was about to stand, she felt a tug on the end of her hijab; a helpless Aahil held the corner of her hijab. His eyes were closed, but it was as if his body was asking her to stay. She felt a weird emotion and vibe coming from him, which she couldn't clearly understand. All that she understood is that Aahil wanted her to stay.

Kinza thought about all those times Aahil held the corner of her hijab. The first time by mistake, the second time he confessed, the third time when she was leaving, the fourth time on their wedding night, and many such days when Aahil wanted to stop her, and his cute little face made Kinza feel helpless.

Just as she thought of all those moments, Aahil's hand slipped off her hijab and fell on the ground.

"No! No! This can't be the last time you are holding my hijab. You can't leave me alone, Aahil. I just have you after Allah," screamed Kinza in the middle of the road.

"Oh, this is really sad. Do you want me to call the ambulance?" laughed Ali, evilly coming from behind.

"Ali, please call for the ambulance," pleaded Kinza.

"Oh sweetheart, if I had to save him, why would I hit him with my car" laughed Ali aloud.

Kinza looked at the car and gasped. She wanted to slap Ali, but she also wanted to save Aahil, which was more important. Moreover, she didn't have the energy to fight.

"But why are you doing this? You said you love me, but you lied again. Please don't do this to me; I really love him, " wept Kinza.

"Hah! So there you go... You really think I will come back after years for this love bullshit. I came back for revenge!" growled Ali.

"What revenge? It was you who cheated!" fumed Kinza.

"Tum ek aurat ho samjhi, tumhara kaam hai sehna par tum toh badi feminist nikle mujhe pure clg ke saamne zaleel kardiya aur kabhi wapus palat ke bhe nahi dekha"

(A woman is supposed to tolerate everything; instead, you turned out to be a feminist. You dared to insult me in the whole college and leave abruptly) aggravated Ali.

"I didn't do anything; everyone got to know it. I even left the college just because of you; if I had wanted, I could have filed a case against you, but I didn't," said Kinza aloud.

"chup ekdum chup" (Shutup just shut up) growled Ali and held Kinza's face.

Kinza tried to get out of his, but she couldn't. It was hurting her, and Ali didn't care about it; he seemed to have fun about Kinza's pain like always.

"I wouldn't have to do this if this bastard didn't come here. I didn't want him to die, but he is such a fool he came back to you. I was successful in brainwashing both of you. He believed you cheated and vice versa. Stupid fools!" snarled Ali.

"But what about those screenshots and voice notes?" asked Kinza.

"Oh, Kinzu darling, which world are you living in. We can create fake screenshots easily, and I can mimic your beloved husband's voice," said Ali in Aahil's voice, and Kinza gasped.

"You are such a self-centered bitch, it was easy for me to fool you, but this guy was hard! Now go take him to the hospital if you can," laughed Aahil.

"Ali, please don't do this," pleaded Kinza.

"You look sexy when you plead, do this more often. I didn't have any plans to kill this guy, but he was too much into you, and I was left with no option," laughed Ali.

"Why didn't you kill me?" cried Kinza.

"Because I wanted you to suffer," spat Ali, and picked his leg up to crush Aahil's hand, but Kinza kept her on top of his hand.

Mai begunaah hu, mera Khuda jaanata hai. Meri mohabbat aur wafa sirf Aahil ke naam aur tumhara hisaab uss Khuda ke hawale jo sab jaanta hai. Tum bhale he yaha se bachke chale jao par Khuda ke hashar ke maidaan se kahi nahi jaa sakte" said Kinza.

(I am innocent; my God knows that. My love and loyalty is only for Aahil, and your account is with God, the All-knowing. You might be able to run from here, but you can't be saved from the day of judgment, and you can't run away from there.)

"Toh jaoo uss Khuda se kaho ke aakar gaadi chalae aur le jae tumhe. Koi tumhe pasand nahi karta Kinza, koi tikta nahi tumhare paas. Tumhara Khuda bhe tumse naaraz hai" smirked Ali and left.

(So go to that Lord of yours and ask him to drive and take Aahil to the hospital. No one likes you, Kinza, no one stays with your life, even your Lord is unhappy with you.)

Tears rolled down Kinza's eyes. She couldn't lose Aahil now for the same reason. Last time she didn't hear what her father was saying, and today she was rude to her husband, and both the time's things were messed up because of the same person. However, the last time she was injured, but now only her heart ached, and she had no injury.

She started to feel helpless and has no option left, but she realized she isn't helpless because she has AL-QADEER (The Capable, The Powerful) and remembered the ayat from the Quran - Indeed my Lord is near and responsive [Quran - 11.61]

Kinza looked up at the sky and said, "Ya Khuda, I have already lost Baaba, I can't lose Aahil."

__________________________________________________________________________