19

Namjoon knocked on Hana's door and he heard the girls stop laughing. He gripped the flowers tightly in his hands and his heart was racing when the door opened. Hana's smile faded and she looked at the flowers. It had been a few days since they had argued and he had finally got the courage to talk to her.

"I...these are for you," He said, handing them to her.

"For what reason?"

"To show you that I do care about you," He said, "Look, can we talk somewhere more private? I don't want the girls to listen in,"

Hana sighed, "Girls, can you go somewhere else for a bit?"

The girls scoffed and glared at Namjoon as they walked out of her room. Hana stepped aside and let Namjoon in. He rubbed the back of his neck and sat down on her bed, watching her put the flowers on a chair.

"Talk," Hana said, folding her arms.

"I'm sorry," Namjoon said.

"Are you?" Hana asked, "Because you keep saying sorry over again but keep doing the same thing. How can I believe your apologies anymore?"

"I'm trying," He said standing up, and walked over to her "Baby, I'm trying to keep my controlling behaviour and possessive nature away but when it comes to you, I really struggle. I don't want to see you hurt again and I don't want you to leave the house,"

"That isn't your decision to make, Namjoon," Hana said, "You are supposed to be my boyfriend, not my owner. I'm not a pet and you don't know how to respect my decisions,"

"I don't want to see you hurt,"

"Which I understand. I have never told you that I don't understand your reasoning. But right now, you are the person who keeps hurting me," Hana sighed, "Namjoon, I love you. I honestly do, but it seems that I'm the only one who understands how a relationship works. I keep forgiving you over and over again, ignoring how you keep hurting me. I always give you chances to work on yourself and how to be less controlling over me, but a few days after you say sorry to me, you are back to your usual self,"

"I know,"

"Do you?" Hana said almost snapping, "I am so close to just giving up with this relationship,"

"What?" Namjoon said quietly, "You can't leave me,"

"That won't be your choice," Hana said, not looking at him, "I can only take so much, Namjoon and even though I love you, I can't keep letting you hurt me,"

"I won't let you leave," Namjoon said, grabbing her arms "I can't be without you. I'm sorry. I can't...I don't want to live without you by my side. I promise that I will do everything it takes to be the boyfriends you read about. I'll be perfect. I'll even-"

"Namjoon, it isn't about being the perfect boyfriend!" Hana said, putting her hands on his face to stop him talking, "It's about being supportive, understanding and to respect me. Not control me or tell me what I can and can't do. This is a partnership, Namjoon. It isn't an owner, slave relationship. You are my boyfriend and I'm your girlfriend. I don't want you to be like the men in books. If I did, I would have fallen in love with someone else,"

"I don't know what to do," Namjoon whispered.

"Get help,"

"What?"

"Don't pretend you didn't hear me," Hana said lifting her eyebrow up, "Get professional help. It is very clear you need it and before you start ranting about how getting therapy isn't what men do, let me tell you that it will be the best thing for us,"

Namjoon sighed, "I don't like therapy. They tried it but I stopped going because they were useless,"

"You are older now, Namjoon," Hana said, "I'm being serious. If you want this relationship to work then talk to someone,"

"What about you? Will you come with me?" Namjoon asked, "We could do couple therapy and it will be in a controlled-"

"If that's what you want me to do, then yes. I will go with you,"

Namjoon let out a sigh of relief and hugged her tightly, "I love you, baby,"

"I know but you should learn how to show it properly," Hana said, "The flowers were a nice touch. Thank you,"

"It took me 3 hours to pick the right bunch," Namjoon mumbled and Hana laughed, "Don't laugh at me. I didn't know which ones to get and I was staring at the stupid flowers for 3 fucking hours. I almost bought the whole damn shop,"

"It would have given me something to do," Hana said, "The girls and I are so bored being stuck in here,"

"I know what you are doing," Namjoon said, almost growling into her ear, "It won't work,"

"I have no idea what you are talking about,"

"You are trying to convince me to let you and the girls work," He said, "I'm not a pushover, baby,"

"Hmm," Hana said, "I wouldn't be so sure of that,"

"What makes you think that?"

"You say that I have bodyguards, yes?"

"Yeah," Namjoon said slowly.

"And you want to try to let me have more freedom?"

"I don't think I like where this is going,"

"I'm going out Friday night with the girls," Hana said.

"You fucking aren't," Namjoon snapped, holding her at arm's length, "You aren't leaving this place when my psycho brother is out there. No fucking way,"

"Tough," Hana said, "We are going to be driven to one of your clubs, Changkyun and Shownu will be there, plus a few other of your men to look after the other girls. When we decide we have had enough, we are going to be driven back and we are going to bed. You think I haven't thought about our safety?"

"I don't-"

"I was a fucking cop, Namjoon," Hana said, "I know how to look after myself, much to your disbelief. I also know what to look out for and the signs of danger before they fucking appear. So don't you dare tell me I'm not going to leave this place. I'm sick of being locked up. If you have that much of a god damn problem with it, then you can tag along,"