33

Hana paced back and forth chewing her bottom lip as she tried to figure out how she was meant to tell Namjoon about the unexpected pregnancy. As she reached her bed, Hana ran her hands through her hair and dropped onto the bed, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Fuck," She said quietly.

There was a knock on the door making her jump and the door opened. Jin stood in the doorway with no emotion and she felt her heart race.

"Downstairs," He said and closed the door.

"Double fuck,"

When she got to the living room, everyone was sitting down in silence and her stomach rolled on her. Jungkook was looking pale but he sent her a weak smile as she sat down on the edge of the sofa. No one said anything and Hana wanted to run.

"We received this in the mail," Yoongi said and handed the envelope to Hana, "We thought you could probably figure it out for us. Jungkook is still resting and you are the next best thing,"

"I called Jae but he is up to his neck in gang-related homicides," Jungkook said, wincing.

Hana flicked through the pages biting into her bottom lip, "I don't understand why you were sent these,"

"Yugyeom is unhinged," Namjoon said, "He had an obsession with stupid riddles and sat in the garden with small animals when my parents weren't home. They could never answer him, obviously, so he used to just kill them,"

"Do you think this is a threat?"

"Yes," Namjoon said, "Yugyeom has already shot you and Jungkook. He is getting excited with this game he is playing and now, he has just stepped it up,"

"So," Darcy said, "Let's say that he manages to get one of us, he will use riddles on us?"

"Probably,"

"And if they are wrong he will kill us?"

Namjoon nodded, "Maybe not at first. He would just play with you, hurt you until you begged for death,"

"And you didn't kill him when he was a kid because?" Chelzi scoffed, "If Darcy was like that, I would have killed her,"

"Gee, thanks," Darcy said, "You practically did anyway when you ran off without me!"

"We have spoken about that," Chelzi said, "I told you I was coming back and when I did, Insoo packed your shit and moved. I looked for you,"

"Stop talking," Hana said, "I'm trying to think,"

Jimin took the paper from Hana and read aloud, "A man was found dead with a cassette recorder in one hand and a gun in the other. When the police came in, they immediately pressed the play button on the cassette. He said "I have nothing else to live for. I can't go on," then the sound of a gunshot. After listening to the cassette tape, the police knew that it was not a suicide. How did they know?"

"I give up," Sara said, "I'm a pretty face with no brains,"

"Got it," Hana said.

"What?" Namjoon said, "Already?"

"Yes," She said.

"Well tell us, for fuck sake," Yoongi said.

"If it was suicide, who rewound the tape?" Hana smirked.

"Damn," Jimin said, "I wouldn't have thought about that. I thought the guy recorded it, shot the gun and...ah. Yeah. That's more logical,"

Jin rolled his eyes and took the paper from Jimin, "This one has Yugyeom's name in it. As well as Hana's,"

"Yugyeom invited a prospective victim to his place. She was called Hana, They ate together and after the meal. He offered her an apple. When she refused, he insisted that they share the apple. So, he took the apple and cut into two halves. Both of them started eating the apple. As soon as her guest ate the apple she died. If both of them had the same apple, how come one died and one survived?" Jimin frowned, "Don't eat any apples from now on,"

Hana frowned and tapped her lip. Whilst everyone was discussing she was thinking about how that would be possible.

"Clever," Hana muttered and the room went silent, "The knife was coated in poison. One side of course, so when Yugyeom ate the apple, he was safe,"

"That is crazy,"

"Can I go back to bed now?" Jungkook said, quietly, "I don't feel great,"

"I'll take you," Hana said.

"No!" Jungkook said quickly, "I mean...no, thank you. You need...you know...to relax,"

"But we need to-"

"Namjoon," Jungkook said, sucking in air as he got to his feet, "Didn't you want to talk to Hana about something?"

Namjoon frowned, "Yeah but it can wait. It isn't important. I was just about...something,"

"Jesus fucking christ!" Taehyung said getting to his feet, "Namjoon get that stupid ass to your office and Hana, get that fat ass in there as well,"

"Bitch, who you calling fat?" Hana said narrowing her eyes, "You're the one with a pooch,"

"Take that back or I will punch you,"

"I dare you," Hana said standing up.

"Hana," Jungkook said, "Not a good idea. You just...got shot...ow. God. I need to sit back down,"

Hana sighed and looked over at Namjoon, "Alright. We can chat,"

With one last look at her brother, she followed Namjoon to his office. She played with the necklace she had on and Namjoon turned to face he, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I have an appointment for my first session with a psychiatrist," Namjoon said, "I know that this is important if we want to work out. I need to apologise as well. You tried so hard with me and were so patient. Then I said I would change and I didn't. I forgot or just ignored your feelings,"

"Namjoon,"

"No, let me talk. Please," He said, "I agree with everything you have said. I'm an asshole. I know I'm controlling but it's because I want to protect you but that isn't the right thing to do. Shit, look. I will change but I know that I won't be like the stories you read. I read those books and how could you read that? The men were pussies! How could they protect their woman if one punched knocked them the fuck out? Did you really think they were perfect men?"

"No," Hana said, "They are perfect for other women. Not me. You-"

"Anyway, I would like you to be there for my first session. It might make me calmer but who the fuck knows and if I get angry you can hold me back because I might blackout and hit something and if I accidentally hit you then-"

"That might not be a good idea," Hana said, swallowing the lump in her throat.

Namjoon frowned, "Why not? You've taken plenty of hits before. I'll try to-"

"I am telling you that it isn't a good idea to-"

"I won't hit you. I'll hit something else but I am just warning you that you are the only-"

"Namjoon I'm pregnant!" Hana said loudly, cutting him off, "So...yeah. Surprise,"

THUD.

"Namjoon?" Hana said, "Are...are you fucking kidding me?!"