Chapter 2

It had already gone pitch black outside, stars shining bright in the sky and the moonlight softly coming in through Taehyung's office window shining on his freshly brewed cup of coffee. It must have been way past midnight but Taehyung didn't care. The young lawyer was still working on his new case, the Jeon one that is. The excitement from getting a promotion was still running through his veins, making him even more eager to get everything done as soon as possible while completely forgetting the exhaustion that would soon take over his body. The whole night he had been studying the file mr. Wang had provided him with, digging up articles about his client and writing down notes on his laptop. It didn't take long for him to figure out that this case was a lot harder than he first thought it would be. Jeon Jungkook really wasn't a sweetheart, far from being one to be honest. The list of accusations against Taehyung's client got on and on and with each passing second Taehyung was afraid he would find out more things that he was supposed to plead the prisoner innocent for.

Thus far Taehyung already had over 40 crimes the prisoner was accused of. All of them falling at least in one of the categories he had listed on his laptop.

*Assault, battery, arson
*Kidnapping
*First-degree murder, Voluntary manslaughter, Vehicular homicide
*Armed robbery
*Aiding and abetting, attempt, conspiracy
*Drug possession, drug manufacturing, drug trafficking
*Fraud, blackmail, embezzlement, money laundering, tax evasion, cybercrime

Basically everything you could think of was already on Taehyung's list. Everything except for rape, the young lawyer being really glad that wasn't something his client decided to do. The man at least had some kind of dignity to stay away from that particular one, Taehyung wasn't sure if he would have taken the case if it had been on the list so he was glad it wasn't.

The young lawyer still had some problems with the list though, if he wasn't able to convince the jury of Jungkook's innocence in at least one of these accusations he would surely receive the death penalty. There was no way they would let the prisoner live with all these things to his name. The boy was a danger to their country and Taehyung was pretty sure they would do everything to get rid of him. The whole thing basically meaning that if Taehyung wouldn't be able to pull this off it would mean he lost his case and would never become the great lawyer he strived to be. On the other hand if he did manage to plead the prisoner none guilty to some of these accusations he would become one of the greatest and most famous lawyers in their country within an instant. He had to win, there was no way he was going to fail, failing wasn't an option anymore. Mr. Wang had given him an opportunity and he was going to make full use of it. This was his dream, and he wouldn't let anything come between him and his goal.

Reading carefully through some of the evidence which has been provided Taehyung couldn't help but feel bad. This man was a monster if everything he was being accused of was true and Taehyung would be the one to plead him not guilty to all of them, if Jungkook had done it or not. 

Shaking his head to get rid of the thoughts that just roamed his mind he continued his research on his new client. If he truly wanted to be a good lawyer it didn't matter if his client did the things he was being accused off. It only mattered if he would be able to convince the jury that his client didn't do it. That had to be Taehyung's only goal. Plead this man not guilty and go on with your life, in other words: Do your job and don't question it.

With that thought in mind Taehyung opened a new internet tab, researching yet another page on Jeon Jungkook. If he really wanted to know who he would be defending he should know who exactly he was dealing with, what was Jeon Jungkook like, what were his motives and how could Taehyung make him look as innocent as possible.

Taehyung typed Jungkook's name into the google search bar, pressing enter and instantly being hit with an overload on articles on the young prisoner. All of them starting with things the younger had done, all of them except one.