8.

Mitch

"Daddy, where are we going?" Marley asked sadly from the backseat while I sped down the highway.

I couldn't even answer her right now I was so heated, I had blood on my mind. I couldn't focus, not even on the road as I swerved through traffic trying to contain myself.

I'm gon' kill this bitch. I'm gon' fuckin' kill this bitch. I couldn't stop thinking as I called Z's phone over and over, receiving no answer.

I really needed to talk to her in this moment so she could level my head like she usually does because I knew if she didn't talk some sense into me right now, a nigga was getting locked up tonight. No questions asked.

My mind was playing tricks on me.

Calling over and over, I received no answer and that shit pissed me off even more than I already was. I knew she was out with her friend but this shit was more important right now.

"Fuck it." I stressed after getting nothing but the voicemail. Throwing my phone, I wiped a hand down my face as I prepared myself for what I was about to do.

The more I tried to calm down, the more the bruises on my baby's arms kept reappearing in my mind and I knew this bitch was her mama but after this shit she just wasn't going to have one no more.

Fuck it.

"Daddy." I could hear Marley calling but I stayed quiet, tuning her out as I sped to my destination.

"Daddy." She called again.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked sadly, instantly making me look up at her in the rear view mirror.

"No, baby." I shook my head, not even able to hide my anger but I needed to reassure her.

"Daddy could never be mad at you."

"You're my baby." I expressed to her, looking over her face.

"You're mine." I went on, speaking sternly.

This bitch really put her hands on my daughter. I thought to myself as I continued to look at her. I could feel it in my bones that I was about to lose it.

But I knew I had to hold it together, at least until I got Marley out of the car.

*

"Mama!" I spoke sternly, walking into her house as Marley ran into the living room.

"Mitchell? Is that you?" She asked happily as she came into view and I didn't even crack a smile, I couldn't.

"What's wrong?" She asked noticing my demeanor and I said nothing, I simply shook my head.

"Nothing. I need you to watch Marley for a while." I explained to her and she furrowed her eyebrows, obviously wanting to know what was going on.

"What's wrong, Mitch?" She asked seriously but I waved her off, deciding not to say shit.

"Mitchell." She called as I walked off, leaving out of the house all together.

When I got back into my car, I sat there a while as I tried to get my mind right. I was trying to think different thoughts but my mind was set. The bitch owed me blood, there was no other way around this.

This was for my daughter. Porsha hated me but my daughter was innocent, she didn't have to do her like that.

Pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind, I reached over into my glove box and grabbed my M11.

This bitch gotta die.

Zuria

"Oh my god. So how have you been, boo?" Retta smiled as we sat in a restaurant for brunch, simply catching up since I hadn't seen her in forever.