19.

Mitch

"Yo, wash your hands." I told Marley as she came out of my office's bathroom.

"I did, daddy." She whined and I nodded slowly.

"Aight."

"Stop all that whinin' and sit down." I told her, scrolling my phone at my desk and she did as told, kicking her feet while she sat in the chair.

Sitting there, my mind wandered as it went from what happened with Zuria to her kissing my homie to me having court next month to me finding a new spot then both Porsha and Z sending all kinds of texts, threating me.

With Porsha it was if I didn't bring Marley back home soon, she was calling the cops on me again and with Z it was all kinds of you ain't shit and angry text that I didn't care to hear.

A nigga was stressed and I was just ready to drop all of this shit.

"Daddy, when are we going back home?" Marley asked, considering we'd been staying in a hotel suite for the passed two days.

"Daddy gon' find us a spot and we gon' have a new home, don't even worry bout' it." I explained to her, tryna figure out where I wanted to go.

I wasn't going back to Z, I was done with her. The only reason I let her have the spot is because I'd never put her out with no where to go. Me and Marley would just get a new spot.

"But I like our old house.." She trailed off, giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"With Zuria." She added, looking down and I turned my lip up.

"Nah. We don't need her." I shook my head as she looked back up to me.

"But why?" She asked curiously.

"Because I said so." I spoke sternly and she poked her lips out, looking at me.

*

Zuria

Pulling up to Mitch's barbershop, I saw a bunch of men outside and his car parked right out front so I knew he was here. This nigga had me fucked up, he wasn't responding to my calls or my texts and he had the nerve to still be talking shit about me to my mother and Ms. Gladys.

Pushing my hair up into a ponytail, I was ready for war as I cut my engine. Just like I knew he wasn't one to fuck with, he knew I wasn't one to fuck with either.

There was no way he believed that after ten years he was just going to try and kill me and then walk out of my life. He must've of had me confused with someone else.

Hopping out of my car, I slammed my door as all the guys outside the shop turned to look at me.

"Yo, Z. What's up?" One of them spoke as the rest of them began to as well.

"Hi." I spoke simply, rolling my eyes. I was not in the mood for this shit.

"Aight, attitude." I heard one of them say jokingly as I passed them, walking in.

"Hey, Z." The receptionist, Karla, spoke and it seemed like everybody turned to look at me as the loud music played.

"Hey, is he here?" Was all I asked as I began to make my way to the back, already knowing the answer.

"Yup." She told me and I was already half way toward his office by then.

When I got to it, I banged on the door hard because it was locked.

"Open the fucking door, Mitch." I spat as I tapped my foot on the floor rapidly. I was pissed right now and there was no calming me.

I didn't give a fuck where I was at or who was watching.