11.

Zuria
next morning
8am

"Yo, Zuria!" I heard Mitch yell after the front door alarm went off, quickly making me sit up in the bed.

"Zuria!" He yelled again.

"I'm upstairs." I spoke sadly with tears in my heavy eyes. It'd been a really long night for me and from the kiss at the club in front of Mitch's friends to the bruises on Marley's arm, I couldn't contain myself any longer. I'd been crying all night long.

"Where the fuck you been and where is Marley, bro?" He snapped as he bursted into the room, furrowing his eyebrows once he'd seen the tears in my eyes.

"Whatchu cryin' for?" He quickly came over to me as I looked down at my hands.

"Baby, look at me." He pleaded, getting on his knees and I couldn't even look at him the same after what I'd heard about him.

"Whatchu cryin' for?"

"They only had me in holding, ma." He began to explain but I shook my head, looking at him.

"Tell me it's not true, Mitch." I spoke softly to him and he knitted his eyebrows.

"Whatchu talkin' bout, bae?"

"Porsha.." I trailed off.

"I talked to her last night."

"I took Marley back to her since you were no where to be found." I explained and he huffed deeply, looking down at the ground.

"Is it true?" I asked, needing to know. I couldn't take it anymore. I was done making up scenarios in my head, I needed the truth.

"Baby-"

"Please." I cut him off.

"Please just tell me, Mitch." I practically begged, becoming fed up with the run around. I needed to know, I needed to ease my mind just a little bit.

"Can you listen to me?"

"Just me the fucking truth, Mitchell." I spat, calling him by his whole name.

"Listen to me." He spoke sternly, looking into my eyes.

"I fucked up. Aight?"

"..and I'm sorry, baby."

"No." I shook my head, standing to my feet.

"Don't say that to me." I pointed at him.

"Don't fucking say that to me." I spat, in disbelief that this was all true.

It can't be. I thought to myself.

"Did you or did you not pull your gun on your child's mother and put your hands on Marley?"

"What?" He spat once I'd expressed what was on my heart and tears wouldn't stop falling from my eyes.

"Did you, Mitch?" I asked as he stood to his feet, towering over me before he licked his lips angrily.

"So you gon' let that bitch get in your head again, huh?"

"Don't gaslight me, I just want the truth." I spat, not knowing what to believe anymore.

"You crazy as hell if you think I put my hands on my fuckin' daughter, Zuria."

"You of all people should know that shit." He spat sternly.

"But aight.." He nodded his head slowly.

"I guess you still letting that bitch say what ever bout' me and believing that shit every time." He scoffed harshly, looking across the room at my packed bags.