14.

Mitch
next morning
7am

Smoking a blunt, I laid in the bed as I heard the front door alarm go off. I couldn't help but to laugh to myself, looking at the time. Zuria was playing games with a nigga and I wasn't feeling that shit.

At all.

I blew smoke into the air as I heard her light footsteps coming up the staircase. I looked directly at her as she walked in and she paused once she saw me.

"Babe-"

"Where you been, Z?" I asked, taking another pull from my blunt. Just trying my hardest not to jump to conclusions.

She wouldn't even play with me like that. I thought as my mind drifted off to the worst but I wouldn't even allow that shit to enter my mind.

She knew better than that.

"Huh?" I asked once I received no response, she simply stood there like a deer in headlights and that shit wasn't doing nothing but making me madder on top of everything else that I was going through.

"You left this house, bro.." I trailed off.

"At 10 something last night and you just gettin' back." I spoke, blowing smoke from my nose before I put my blunt out. It wasn't doing shit for me no more anyway because she was about to blow my high. I could feel it.

"Where the fuck you been at, Zuria?" I asked again, becoming fed up as I put my blunt in the ashtray and stood to my feet.

"I'm not gon' ask again." I towered over her.

"We need to talk." Was all she said as I did and I was tired of hearing that shit.

"Whatchu want to talk about, bro?" I snapped.

"You want to keep talking about this baby situation that happened six years ago?"

"Huh?!" I spat, feeling myself getting angry. I was already mad as shit about other things and now this shit. She wanted to keep bringing it up as if I wasn't doing what the fuck I had to do to make it right.

"First of all, lower your voice because I'm not getting loud with you." She said to me before rolling her eyes and walking away into the bathroom.

Sighing heavily, I got my shit together, realizing I was doing a lot. I ain't want to argue with her, I just needed to know why she was sneaking out and not coming home until the morning.

That shit didn't sit right with me. She know we don't even get down like that.

"Yo, ma." I walked into the bathroom and she was sitting at her vanity, looking up at me in the mirror.

"Talk to me, baby." I spoke softer now.

"What's up? Where you go?" I asked all at once as she sat there and I awaited her response.

Crazy part is the response never came, she continued looking at me in the mirror for so long that she'd ended up bursting into tears instead. I ain't say shit as I watched her cry, she never cried like this so I knew it had to be something deeper than what was on the surface. Something was up with my girl.

Saying nothing, I sat down on the edge of the jacuzzi tub and waited for her speak up. I needed to know what the fuck was going on.

Right now.

*

Zuria

Mitch sat at the edge of the tub while I sat there crying, it'd been another long night and all of my mother's words were beginning to sink in. I loved him but I guess if could cheat then I didn't love him that much.