53.

Mitch
Next morning

"Yo, mama." I called, walking into my mama house as I plopped down onto the couch.

"Mitchell?" I heard her say as I sat there, waiting for her to come down the stairs.

When she did, she smiled wide as I stood to my feet to hug her her.

"Hi, baby." She spoke as I embraced her.

"What's up, mama?"

"Nothing much. About to get the garden together." She waved off as I sat back down on the couch while she sat on the other.

"What brings you by? Everything alright?" She asked and I nodded, slouching into the couch.

"Yeah. Everything coo."

"Bout' to go to another therapy session with Z and Marley." I told her and a huge smile graced her face.

"You are all going again?" She asked in shock.

"Yeah. We gon' try and work it out." I admitted.

"A lot of stuff falling into place so its only right we try." I shrugged with a smirk.

"What does that mean?" She asked, giving me the eye but I ain't say nothing. I ain't know if Z wanted me to tell anybody yet so I wasn't going to say shit until she gave me the go.

"Just stuff, mama." I chuckled, looking down.

"Plus I just bought another new building." I told her, trying to throw her off by changing the subject.

"You did?" She asked excitedly and I nodded with a smirk.

"Yeah, I finalized the papers and everything last night. The building right down the street from the barbershop.."

"I'm gon' open a dispensary there." I told her while she couldn't stop smiling and eventually tears fell from her eyes.

"Come on now, mama." I chuckled, standing to my feet and making my way over to the couch she was on.

"I know. I'm just so proud of you, son."

"So so proud of you. You're making all of your dreams come true." She expressed, looking me in my eyes.

"Thank you, mama." I sighed, just happy to see this smile on her face.

"It ain't easy though." I expressed to her, looking away.

"But honestly y'all the ones keeping me going. If it wasn't for y'all, I wouldn't be doing none of this." I admitted with a shrug while she wiped her eyes.

"I'm so proud of you, son." She said again, grabbing my hands.

"Thank you, ma.." I trailed off.

Sitting there for a while as she collected herself, I began to think deeply about what I originally came here for.

"But outside of that, ma. I do need your opinion on something." I told her and she slowly raised her eyebrows.