61.

Mitch

Walking into the hospital, I saw Mya in the waiting room. She sat there with a pout on her face while scrolling her phone.

"Yo, sis." I spoke, walking up to her and she looked at me, quickly standing to her feet.

Before I could even get a word out, she slapped me as hard as she could and I turned my head away from her, licking my lips.

"Watch your hands." I warned her as she looked up at me with angry eyes.

"What are you doing here?! What are you trying to finish the job?" She spat at me while I stood there, turning my head back to her.

"You've already hurt him enough! He's paralyzed, alright? So just leave him alone."

"Leave us alone." She corrected, rolling her eyes before she sat back and reverted her eyes to her book.

"Look, Mya. I know I fucked up-"

"No!" She yelled, causing a scene in this waiting room.

"This is not a fuck up, bro. You put a green light on my boyfriend, that's not cool and I hate you for it."

"I fucking hate you!" She screamed at me and I smacked my lips.

"You hate me because that nigga ain't man the fuck up and come meet your family first before fuckin' on you."

"That shit ain't cool and you knew I wasn't gon' respect it. That's why you played that shit the way that you did, blood."

"Why would I let him come and meet you on his own Mitch? Look what the hell happened!" She continued screaming.

"Everybody I've ever had you either scared them off or-" She started but stopped, breaking down crying.

"Mya." I spoke sternly as I sat down beside her, pulling her into me.

I wasn't used to her crying and shit so this was new for me. She was always so hard and tough because that's how I'd taught her to be. We ain't never had a real father figure in our lives so I had to man up and be that for her but with this nigga around, I just felt like things were changing. Everything was changing and I just didn't like it.

My baby sister was really pregnant.

"Stop, bro." Was all she said as she pushed me off of her and I slowly let her go.

"Just leave. For real." She said wiping her tears as I slowly stood to my feet again.

"Look.."

"I apologize, babygirl." I went onto tell her, watching as she continued to cry while wiping the loose tears.

Saying nothing else, I walked away and made my way to the receptionist desk to see what room this nigga was in.

I had to make this shit right.

*

Zuria
That night

"Hey, Z." Mya spoke softly into the phone.

"Hey. How is he?" I asked, standing sideways in the full body mirror to see how far my stomach poked out and pouted when I realized it still wasn't much.