9.

Zuria

"Come on, Z." She smiled, pulling me up to my feet and I rolled my eyes hard.

"Fine." I finally gave in, going against my better judgement.

Saying nothing else, I followed her toward the men and as soon as we walked up to them it seemed as if all eyes were on us.

"Damn." I heard one of them say over the loud music and I figured he was talking to Retta but his eyes happened to be directly on me.

"Hi." Retta smiled in their faces as they all smiled, speaking back.

"What's up beautiful ladies? What's y'all names?"

"I'm Retta and this is.." She trailed off, looking back at me.

"Zuria." I fake smiled as the one guy continued undressing me with his eyes.

"What's y'all names?" Retta went onto ask and they all started giving their names.

"Come sit over here with me shawty." The guy who couldn't take his eyes off of me said to me as I slowly walked into their section with Retta right behind me.

I watched as Retta marked her territory and sat in one of the guy's lap while I sat beside the guy. I couldn't help but to look him over, it was pretty dim in here but I could still see his face perfectly.

He was fine and tall just like I'd expected before coming over here but he was no Mitch.

"Why you so quiet?" The guy asked into my ear and I could smell the alcohol he was drinking on his breath.

"Hm?" He asked close to my ear, sending chills down my spine. Had I been sober that would've done nothing for me but those shots were definitely starting to kick in and so was my pettiness.

"I'm not quiet." I spoke softly, turning toward him as his face sat directly in front of mine. A smirk appeared on his face as I admired his juicy lips.

"Damn, shawty. You got some nice lips." He flirted and I couldn't help to blush. Pushing everything else aside, I had to admit I was enjoying this attention from another man for once.

"You do too." I flirted as well, tired of holding myself back as he smiled his pearly whites.

No more than a few seconds later, he ended up leaning in and quickly pecking my lips. Gasping loudly, it was as if everybody in the section had just saw what went down.

"Oop." I heard Retta say as I sat in shock. This man's lips were really soft but I did not know him for him to be putting his lips on me plus I had Mitch back at home waiting on me.

Fuck. I thought to myself, sobering up quick as I stood to my feet.

As soon as I did, everybody looked up at me and I hadn't even realized that some of these guys in the section were familiar faces. I didn't remember where I'd saw them before but I knew they knew me and possibly Mitch.

I stood there guiltily as I saw one of the guys telling his friend something as they looked me up and down.

"Aye, ain't you Mitch girl?" One of them ended up blurting out and it seemed as if everyone including the guy I'd just kissed, looked my way.

"Oh shit. That is Mitch girl." It seemed they all spoke at one time and I guilty stood there, biting my lip nervously.

What's up, Z?" Somebody spoke and I looked their way, seeing it was one of his employees at the barbershop.

"Oh my god." I said to myself, instantly feeling like shit.

"Retta." I called for her, making my back to where we were before and she followed close behind.

"Oh my god, Z. Stop being scared, they're not going to say anything to him. It was just a little kiss." She tried to say convince me and I shook my head.

"Plus he cheated on you, it's your right to do it back." She chuckled.

"No. I'm not playing games like this. This is childish as fuck." I admitted to her. Mitch wasn't the one to play with and I would never do something like that, I wasn't a cheater.

"Listen, Retta. We're girls but I'm not stepping out on my man because of what he did when he was 19. I forgave him-"

"No you haven't." She shook her head, reading me.

"You haven't forgiven him and that's why you just kissed that fine ass man." She pointed back to them.

"Well I'm trying to, okay? And just because shit is hard right now doesn't mean I'm just going to go mess around with some random man."

"That's not happening." I grilled her, getting my point across. I felt so bad for what just happened and I knew this would get back to Mitch quicker than I could imagine.

I mean, yes he cheated but that was six years ago and he's been trying to make it right ever since. There was no excuse for this, I needed to get out here and get myself together.

"Now I'm going to call you an Uber and we're leaving, girl." I explained to her, just ready to go as I pulled my phone out of my purse and finally turned it back on.

"Look friend, I didn't mean to overstep my boundaries." She belched, drunkily.

"But I'm just tired of seeing him walk all over you."

"You deserve better, you always have. After that situation with him and his friends, you should've left him. Everybody was telling you too." She went on, speaking on the night Marley was conceived.

"When you stayed with him, everybody in the city was calling you dumb boo but you're my girl so you know I had to check them." She expressed while I nodded slowly.

"Look, I get what you're saying but it's been six years and my man has been trying." I blurted out.

"And as long as he's trying to do better then I'm staying with him. Period." I shut down everything she was saying, realizing me telling her our problems was only adding fuel to the flame that she'd already had.

That was all my fault.

"And you know what, boo.." She trailed off.

"That's all that matters." She shrugged.

"Fuck what I think and whoever else, if you love him then you love him. There's no changing that but you know I'm always going to give me input." She smiled.

"But you go ahead, I'm going to stay here and enjoy myself."

"Hell no. We came together, we leave together." I knitted my eyebrows at her, she was bat shit crazy if she thought I would just leave her here, with a bunch of random men at that.

"Don't worry about me. I'm about to call my other home girl to come through. You remember Stacey?" She asked, scrolling her phone.

"Alright. Well I'll wait until Stacey gets here." I told her and she smiled wide.

"Fine, mama Z." She put her eyes to the sky.

*
Midnight
An hour later

"Alright. Both of y'all call me when y'all get in." I explained to both Stacey and Retta. I didn't know Stacey that well but I'd given her my number to make sure they both got in safely.

Too much shit was happening now and days, I didn't need nothing happening to their drunk asses.

Especially with these men they were about to party with.

"We will." They waved laughing as they made their way back to the club and I sat in my car, sighing deeply.

Today was a long day and I honestly enjoyed myself up until now. I felt so bad and I just wanted to get home to Mitch now.

None of this seemed to be worth it.

Feeling my phone vibrating over and over, I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to drive and focus on what the hell my phone was doing.

"What the-" I started but stopped, seeing I had over 100 missed calls and messages from Mitch, my mother and his.

"What hell is going on?" I panicked.

*