18.

Zuria
Next day

It'd been another long night in the hospital for me and not only was the family worried and full of questions but I was on same boat as they were because I didn't know why this happened.

I figured one of Mitch's friends told him about the kiss but honestly if that was case, that wasn't any way to handle the situation. We could've talked, I still want to talk.

I need to know why.

Pulling into our driveway, I didn't see either of Mitch's cars letting know that he wasn't here. In a way, I was happy because I knew we needed real time apart now but realistically I knew it was important for us to talk. This couldn't just be taken lightly, he actually tried to kill me.

Cutting my engine, I got out off the car before making my way into the house.

When I walked in, it was really quiet and I couldn't help but to wonder where he was. Regardless of everything, we were still together, we lived in the same house and he paid all of the bills. I needed to know where he was.

After closing and locking the door behind me, I made my way upstairs to our room. I needed to take a shower, clear my mind then get out of these clothes. I wouldn't sit here worrying about where he was anymore, he had to come home sooner or later and face me.

When I finally made it up the staircase, I walked into our room and was shocked at the site in front of me.

All of our draws were emptied, the closet door was wide open and the safe he had in the floor was exposed.

"What the fuck?" I gasped, running toward the closet, seeing that all of his stuff was gone.

"No he didn't." I said to myself as I checked everywhere else to see if this was real.

I scrambled around the room, looking into everything and every trace of him in this house was gone. He was gone.

"Fucking bitch ass nigga." I spat to myself as I pulled out my phone to call him.

As I did, I walked out of our room with the phone to my ear as I made my way into the other rooms and as expected, everything was gone. I panicked as I walked into Marley's room and saw that all of her stuff was gone as well.

"Answer your fucking phone, Mitch!" I yelled as the voicemail beeped before hanging up.

I couldn't believe he'd just walked out on me. There was no question that he knew about what I did because that's the only way I could see him pulling all of this shit.

He had me fucked up.

Calling again and again, I kept on receiving the voicemail. I was pissed, this was exactly why I didn't want to tell him in the first place.

The domino effect.

Sitting down onto the bed as I tried my hardest not to break down and bawl, I continued calling his phone, hoping for an answer.

When he didn't answer for the hundredth time, I began to text him, sending him all kinds of angry text.

There was no way he could just walk out on me, despite everything that was going on, we had a life together. We lived in this big ass house and he paid all the bills. What was I supposed to do now?