52.

Zuria
8pm

Walking into the house, Mitch dropped all of the bags in the foyer as I carried a sleeping Marley up the stairs to her room.

As I did, I removed her shoes before I laid her down softly in her bed. I couldn't help but to look over her little face after I did. She was such a sweetheart and I enjoyed all of the moments Mitch allowed me to have with her.

We were a small dysfunctional family but I couldn't ask for more.

Bending down, I slowly tucked her in as her eyes began to flutter before they slowly opened only slightly.

"I love you, mommy." She said to me, making me gasp as she closed her eyes again and I stood completely shocked.

Saying nothing, she instantly feel asleep again as I quickly left out of the room with tears in my eyes.

"Mitch." I called as I made my way down the hall to his room.

"Babe." I called, walking into the room and he was no where to be found.

"Baby." I walked into the hall again and I heard his hard footsteps coming up the staircase before he came into view.

"What's up, ma? I kept sayin' yeah-" He started but stopped, eating a bag of chips.

"Fuck wrong with you?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, walking up to me and looking down at me.

"What I do now?" He asked as he bent down to kiss my neck.

"We need to talk, babe." Was all I said and he dramatically sighed, automatically thinking he was in trouble.

"Aight." He agreed, walking into the room with me and closing the door behind him.

When we walked, I sat down at the edge of the bed while he stood.

"What's up, baby? He asked, wanting to know what was wrong with me.

I didn't even know what to say or how to say it because it came as such a surprise, I never thought I'd had to say this.

"Um.." I trailed off, looking up at him as he continued to eat his chips, making me smack my lips.

"What?" He asked and I waved it off.

"Babe, Marley-" I started but stopped, collecting my words.

"Just what's going on over at therapy when they talk because Marley just called me mommy." I blurted out and he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah?" He asked with a smile and I looked at him, wondering why he was smiling.

"Yes." I nodded slowly with a serious look on my face.

"That's a problem? Whatchu don't want her to call you that? I'a talk to her.." He trailed off with a simple shrug and I quickly shook my head.

"That's not the problem, babe. I just don't want to confuse her. She has a mother and though she ain't shit.." I trailed, completely understanding the circumstances.

"I don't want Marley growing up thinking that I'm trying to replace her real mom-"

"If she want to call you mommy, I don't see no problem with that. Obviously she callin' you her mama because that's what she feels like you are to her."