54.

Zuria
Next week
8pm

"Hey, bitch." Retta spoke happily as I walked behind the bar, getting ready to clock in for work.

"Hey." I smiled small, using the small computer in the back to clock in.

"Where've you been? Haven't been home in about three days.." She trailed off, looking at me knowingly.

"Did you and Mitch ever figure out what was going on? You feel better?" She went on, asking a bunch of questions.

"Yeah." I nodded slowly after I clocked in, thinking long and hard if I should say anything to her about the pregnancy.

I knew she was my best friend but that dream had me looking at my entire life differently. I didn't want to disclose too much information about my relationship to anyone ever again.

I had to be cautious.

"So what is it? What happened?" She raised her eyebrows, awaiting my response and I stood there with a smile.

"Are you pregnant?" She blurted out and said, making me put my eyes to the sky with a smile on my face.

"Oh my god, Zuria." She gasped loudly, covering her mouth.

"Shh." I shushed her as I pulled her to the other end of the bar where there was no one close enough to hear.

"Don't say anything, okay? I really want to keep it a secret."

"We haven't told any one but Marley yet." I expressed to her seriously.

"Okay okay, I won't." She calmed herself down as she looked at me with a wide smile.

"But bitch, I knew it. I'm like the only thing I can think of that'll have her throwing up like that is a 24 hour bug or that bitch is pregnant." She went on, making me laugh.

"Oh my god, so I'm going to be an auntie-" She went on excitedly but quickly stopped, looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"What did Mitch say about it? He knows?" She asked and I nodded with knitted eyebrows.

"Girl, yes."

"And he still has you coming into work?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Well, yeah. I'm only three weeks, Retta. Plus I have to provide for my baby some how." I waved her off with a smile while I now tended to a customer that walked up to the bar.

"Wait and what did the little baby say? Was she happy about it?"

"Marley? Yeah." I nodded slowly.

"At first she wasn't but then we explained it to her and now she is." I expressed and she nodded slowly.

"Well girl, I'm really happy for y'all and I know Mitch crazy ass is too." She went on as I served the drink and the customer went on his way.

"Yeah, he really is." I drifted off, thinking about the happiness that graced his face once I'd told him I would keep the baby.

I knew he was going to be such a good father to our baby.

"He's been wanting this for a long time." I went on, watching as the club began to become crowded with people since happy hour was just beginning.

"So wait.." Retta trailed off, making me look at her.

"Are you moving out and moving back in with him?" She asked sadly and I couldn't help but to laugh.

"No." I shook my head.

"Not yet at least."

Mitch and I still weren't together, we were simply just trying to work on ourselves whilst preparing for this baby. Meaning doubling down on therapy for me, him and Marley. Then once the timing is right, we try again, making things right between us for the sake of love and family.