The day I met him (pt.2)

A/n just letting you all know the characters in here are obviously Clove, Katniss, Johanna, Finch (foxface) and the boys are Cato, Marvel, Finnick, Peeta and Blight (Guy from Johannas district)

Cloves PoV

-the next morning   after meeting all the guys-

"Cloooooove! We hafta get up for breakfast!"

I groan and open my eyes slightly, staring up into the face of a girl.

"Finch! Did I give you permission to enter my sleeping quarters?!"

"Nope! But we have to go if we want any good food! Sausage and pancakes this morning. If we don't get there now we'll get left over apple sauce and toast from yesterday! And they do not refrigerate leftovers!"

"Finnne I'm up!" I hiss, shoving the redhead off of me. "Just lemme get changed."

She nods as I reach for a black spaghetti strap romper.

The girls look away as I quickly slide it on, then brush my hair up into a ponytail

"Are there bathrooms where I can brush my teeth...or what?"

"Yeah. We're going there before breakfast, so grab anything you need."

I pick up my toiletry bag, and follow Finch, Johanna, Katniss and Annie to the washrooms, which just so happen to be farthest from our cabin.

"Hurry hurry! I need fooooood!" Johanna shrieks as I sploosh tooth paste onto my brush.

A few minutes later, we walk back down the wooded path and come to a large wooden pavilion. 

I grin at the smell of food, and instantly quicken my pace.

"Hey! Over here!"

I glance at the voice, and see Finnick, one of the boys I met last night, and also Annie's boyfriend, waving at us.

"Let's sit with the boys," Katniss says.

"Why? Because you wanna flirt with Peeta?" Jo smirks.

"I-um..."

"Yeah. I get it. We'll go."

"Why don't you just tell him? I mean...I just met all of you yesterday...but it is extremely obvious that you both like each other. A lot."

"Even newbie knows what's up!" Finch cackles. "Stop being a wuss and ask. Him. Out!"

"Ok now shut up! They'll hear us!" Katniss hisses as we approach the boys.

"Hey Ann! Got you a seat right here!" Finnick grins, patting the spot of bench beside him.

Annie plops down, giving him a little kiss and I pull a face as the rest of the girls also sit.

"Hey Clovely! It just so happens that the only seat left is riiight here!"

I roll my eyes, and take a seat right beside Cato.

He smirks at me and I bare my teeth.

"Don't be so pissy," he scoffs.

"I'm not pissy. You're just stupid and flirty. Now shut up and give me food."

"Hey. Stop being like that! I'm just tryna be nice!"

"I hate nice people."

"Want me to be a jerk?"

I look up at him raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up Blondie."

"I'll shut up when I wanna."

"You'll shut up when I tell you."

"Will I though?" 

"Yes!"

His smirk grows and I let out a low growl.

"Alright calm down Gorgeous! Here's a pancake. Will that make you happier?"

"No. But give it to me!"

He hands it to me, shooting me a wink and I shake my head.

"Where's my sausage Blondie?!"

He grabs a piece of meat from the tray of food, then suddenly raises it to his mouth and my eyes widen.

"Don't. You. DARE!"

He gives me a wide grin, then takes a bite.

"That was MINE!"

"Aw sorry!" He says sarcastically handing me the sausage.

"I don't want that! It has your mouth germs on it!"

"you would love to taste my mouth germs and you know it!"

I pull a face and push away from him.

"You disgust me you blonde idiot! The fact that you met me like...yesterday and are already acting like a huge dumbass flirt is so damn stupid! How desperate are you?!"

His face falls slightly and I scowl.

Then suddenly I realize that literally everyone else was just sitting there, watching us.

"Stop looking at me," I mutter staring down at the food that Cato handed to me.

They keep looking.

"What do you all want?!" I snap.

Cato shakes his head and stands up from the bench.

"I'm gonna go back to the cabin," he says quietly. "I don't feel...great..."

He quickly walks away and I bite my lip.

"Clove!" Finch reprimands.

"What?!"

"You were kinda a jerk to Cato..."

"Kinda?! What the hell Clove! Why would you just knock off a guy who is clearly interested in you!" Jo exclaims.

"Also a hot guy who would be perfect with you!" Blight adds shaking his head slightly.

I glare at him.

"He is just a stupid playboy. I don't frickin need that. And no. I'm not sorry."

I stand up and race away down the path.