Training

(definitely not related to a very...hilarious comment thread by @ztomazshipsclato)

Cloves PoV

THUNK THUNK THUNK

"Good job Clovely!"

I turn around , glancing at the smirking,  muscled blonde boy in front of me.

"Cato. You should be playing with your swords."

"Well I'm watching you instead."

"Creep."

"Can't help watching something this gorgeous," He grins walking towards me.

"Creep and stupid flirt."

"I know you love me."

"I don't."

"You do."

"No."

"Yes."

He's so close now I can feel his hot breath on me.

"Never. Only in your wildest dreams."

He shakes his head, smirk growing, as he picks up a loose strand of my hair, twirling it between his fingers.

"Well I love you," He whispers.

I feel a small blush creep up my face as he stares at me with those perfect, crystal blue eyes.

"Maybe I did lie..."

"I already know."

"Cato," I mutter backing away, "We should keep training. Before everyone comes in. We only have ten more minutes before the morning crowd."

He grunts slightly, but lets go of my hair.

"Just wanted to...have a little fun...I suppose..."

"Ew."

"Hey. That's offensive."

"Your point?"

He rolls his eyes.

"Clove stop pretending you hate me."

"I can and I will."

"You already said you love me."

"Ugh! Whatever! Get lost! I have to work!"

"With me!"

"Cato! Stop it you weirdo!"

He comes close again and smiles, grasping my chin and tilting it upwards.

"No kisses!" I screech reaching for a knife.

I pick it up and suddenly whip it upwards, digging the point of the blade into his neck.

"Hey. That hurts!" He growls pulling away and wiping the small line of blood I drew.

"Go get your sword and leave me aloooone!"

He sighs, walking away, back to a different station, and I nod. Now I can focus on more important tasks.

I hear Catos grunts and growls as he slashes away at dummies, with such expertise, I guarantee he will be a future victor.

Then he looks up at me, making eye contact, and begins to walk over again.

"Cato! No!"

Before I can protest anymore, in one sweeping motion, he scoops me up in his arms, pressing a hard kiss against my lips.

"Cato!"

"Stop protesting and go with it you little brat."

I huff, looking up at him.

Then his lips are on mine again, and I decide to go with it, like he said. I kiss back and feel him smile against me, as he props me up against a wall.

This lasts at least another five, ten minutes or so, when suddenly Cato pulls away panting.

"Damn it I love you, you gorgeous little psychopath!"

"I...guess I love you too, you big brute."

"Stop talking now," he whispers kissing me again.

His lips are sweet against mine and no matter how hard I try, I can't pull away, because...maybe I do genuinely love him.

"Wow. I didn't need to see that."

My eyes widen as I pull away from Cato and stare at the young brunette boy in front of me.

"Come here to train, end up witnessing two lovebirds...how do I say...getting it on."

"Hey. We weren't doing anything like that." Cato insists.

"Yeah...I dunno about that..."

"Who are you anyway?!" I snap at the boy.

"Ryder Jennings. I normally come here around this time. Now...I'll um..leave so you two can continue...eating each other."

He turns, walking away to the spears station and I let out a little choking sound. Cato and I make eye contact, and suddenly we both break into fits of laughter.

"Note to self," He wheezes, "Don't kiss in the middle of a training center."

"Your fault."

"You liked it."

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"You really liked it."

"I really did," I sigh hugging him and leaning my head against his chest. "I love you Cato. Never leave me."

"Never. And remember. Together. Always together. Together or not at all."