The day I met him (pt.6)

Cloves PoV

Everyone is now here, sitting in a small circle around a dully lit lamp.

Suddenly Jo stands up and frowns.

"Shit. I realized we don't have snacks! Clove come help me get the candy I smuggled."

"Why do I need to help yo-"

"Just come on! Any one else have food?"

Marvel stands.

"Yeah. I have some chips. Cato, you're coming," He says grabbing him, and pulling him to his feet.

"uggghh." 

Johanna and I begin walking, Cato and Marvel close behind.

"When are you going to apologize to him?" Jo whispers in my ear.

"I- I dunno..."

"Camp is done tomorrow so you better hurry up!"

"Yeah yeah."

We reach our cabin and walk in. Jo grabs her pillow, and opens the case, pulling out about four packs of gummies and a few chocolate bars.

"Wow...you packed...well..."

"I did," she grins. "Oh...wait here...I have more. Be right back."

"Why do I have to wait-"

"just wait."

I stay there for a few minutes, when suddenly Cato walks into the room.

"Jo said you guys needed help...lifting something?"

"What? No-"

Suddenly I'm interrupted by the loud slam of the front door, and click click of the lock. I race over, and begin banging on it.

"JOHANNA MASON! LET US OUT!"

"Not until you two apologize, act your age, and make out."

"The first two I accept. BUT LET US OUT!"

"I just told you not unti-"

"Oh shut up!"

I turn around and frown at Cato.

"Now what?" he asks.

I let out a loud huff, then slump against the wall.

"Cato...I'm sorry. Sorry for being a bitch, and giving you a hell of a week. Sorry for toying with you, and acting stuck up and immature...I guess I just don't know how to act around guys...especially guys like you..."

"Like me?" He questions raising an eyebrow. 

"Guys that have so much confidence and...um..." I bite my lip. "I guess I'm just awkward around..." How do I say this?! "Awkward around hot guys..."

"Hot?"

"Hot."

"This mean you like me?"

"Ah..." Yes. "I don't know..."

"Oh...Well I accept your apology...it's fine," he says, sounding not exactly enthusiastic.

"Cato?"

He looks up at me confused.

"Maybe I'm just bad at flirting..."

Shouldn't have said that...but at least I'm being honest now...Because no matter how much I deny it...there's something about this boy. Something that makes my heart flip, and causes me to stutter when we make eye contact.