Big spoon

Cloves PoV

I sigh, laying down on the large grey bed, slipping under the thick covers and shutting my eyes.

But I can't sleep. Not with the games only two days away. I'm excited...but Cato. It makes me sick. Thinking about only one of us coming out. 

I toss and turn for about an hour, unable to sleep. But I need sleep! 

Finally I give up, and stand, walking out towards the kitchen. Maybe some hot apple cider will help. I order my drink, sitting down at the counter, sipping it quietly. About another twenty minutes pass, when I decide I should try to sleep again.

I tiptoe down the hall and enter my room, once again slumping onto the mattress.

Suddenly the door creaks open and I sit up.

"Clover? You awake?"

"Oh ah...yeah...sorry...did I wake you?"

"No."

Cato gently shuts the door, and walks over to me, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You ok Clover?"

"Um...I think? Yeah...I just can't sleep."

He nods slightly, rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up. Go back to bed Cato. I'm alright."

"You don't seem alright. What's bothering you?"

"Nothing Cato," I whine pulling the sheets above my head.

He rips them back down, staring me in the face.

"Clove."

I bite my lip and refuse to make eye contact.

"Clove talk to me. Please. What's  wrong?!"

"We're going into the games Cato! Together! That wasn't the plan!"

I feel tears begin to drip. Damn it!

Cato crawls up beside me, wrapping his strong arms around my body, and pulling me in close.

I bury my head into his chest, and take a deep breath, trying to refocus and calm down.

"It's going to be ok Clove. I promise. We'll find away out of this."

"No we won't!"

"We will. Now, let's get some sleep ok?"

I nod slightly and lay down, Cato laying beside me.

"You're staying?"

"I-ah...if you want me too..." he mutters sheepishly.

I smile, rubbing the wetness off my face.

"Please stay."

He gives me a tiny grin and lays down again, pulling me towards him, so my back is up against his chest.

Eventually, finally, I feel my eyelids droop and I begin to drift off. Cato still hugs me tight, and I feel secure against him.

The perfect big spoon. My perfect big spoon.

A/N I'm sorry that was a terrible ending....I tRiEd