New Girl

"Did you hear?"

"Yeah! That there's a new girl?"

"Mhm. I heard she came here, because she got kicked out of her other school, for stabbing a girl."

"What?!"

"I didn't hear that..."

"It's true! Heard the principle talking with the secretary."

"No way! She's way too hot to be a psychopath!"

"That's creepy."

"Not really. She's pretty damn sexy..."

"Shut up guys. You're so perverted."

"Why are you such a grump Cato?" 

"I'm not!" The large blonde boy protested. "I just think it's a bitchy way to talk about a girl we haven't met! Clove has feelings to-"

"How do you know her name?!"

"I um..." Cato hesitated. Would he tell his friends the truth? Explain that his new girl, was not just a new girl to him? "I heard someone talking about her," he lied quietly.

"When?"

"I dunno...earlier today..."

"Alright then..."

"You think I can get a date with her? Like I mean she might end up murdering me, but I wouldn't mind a chick that looks like that to stab me..."

"Stop it!"

"What?!"

"Just stop talking about her like that!"

"Oi! Cato! Calm down! What the hell is up with you?!"

"I told you I just think it's rude to talk like that!"

"Why do you care? You never stand up for people like this!"

"Well whatever. It's different this time."

"Why though? Oh oh wait....I know! You wanna ask her out too! So you're trying to convince us not to, so then you can talk to her first, and make her fall into your arms!"

"That's not true!" Cato protested. "I told you! I just think you're all being assholes!"

"Liar."

"NO!"

"Well let's just say whoever gets to her fir-"

"Cato? Cato...Cato Hadley?!"

Cato glanced up at the familiar voice and grimaced slightly.

"Is that actually you?"

Cato nodded slightly as the wide eyed brunette gaped at him.

"I- It's you! After all these years..."

She ran over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck, and hugging him tightly.

"You know her?!"

Cato nodded slightly, giving his friends a sheepish little look as he hugged Clove back. He missed her, and she clearly missed him too.

"Where have you been?" she whispered, looking up into his eyes.

"Well...I moved here...and have been hear ever since. Is it true you really stabbed Valerie?"

Clove bit her lip.

"Um...yeah...but she was being a bitch! And- and it was only a scrape on her finger. Nothing really damaging."

"That's my Clover," Cato grinned, still holding the girl in his arms.

"How-I- WHAT?!"

Cato rolled his eyes at his obnoxious friend group. But in all honesty, he liked their surprised, shocked faces. None of them would be going out with her. She was his Clover, and they loved each other. Always had, always would. Even if they hadn't seen each other in about two years, they still had sparks flowing between them.

Suddenly Cloves brow furrowed.

"Do you...you have a girlfriend?"

"No he doesn't, and neither do I. What do you say about going out with me? Saturday night?"

Clove looked at Cato's stupid, grinning friend, shaking her head.

"No! I don't even know you! Creep!"

The boy sighed, backing away as he watched Cato smirk at him.

"I'm surprised you don't have a girlfriend," Clove muttered.

"Why?"

"Because...well...you're...you..." She responded blushing.

Suddenly, without thinking, Clove jumped up, planting a kiss on Cato's lips. 

Cato stumbled backwards, surprised by her actions, but then picked her up again, and kissed her back. Hard and passionate. The two held on to each other, for what seemed like dear life, while the other teens stood there awkwardly, watching them, some what disappointed that this gorgeous girl was currently taken.

"I missed you so much," Clove whimpered, beginning to tear up.

"Hey hey! What's wrong?"

"No- nothing...I just...I missed you so much and now you're here! I thought I'd never see you again!"

Cato smiled, and kissed his old girlfriend again. Clove grasped his neck so tightly, he had to gasp for air, and she giggled slightly, apologizing. They leaned in for another kiss, so, so happy to be reunited.

"Well this is very heartwarming and all...but um...you guys done?"

Cato and Clove released each other, and grinned at each other.

"So this means I can't have a hot girlfriend?"

Clove wrinkled her nose at the comment, but ignored it for the most part.

"No, you can't. She's taken," Cato replied, grasping Cloves hand. "And who would've thought that you'd be the new girl?"