105. hidden

Our quiet breathing filled the small space as we all waited in complete silence. I was pressed up against one of the walls, Sinclair and Kane on either side of me.

We were unsure of how long we were to wait hidden under the floorboards, Octavia being the only one who knew the whole plan.

Close to ten minutes had passed by the time we heard footsteps up above. I pushed myself further into the back wall out of instinct, afraid we were somehow going to be discovered.

I felt Kane tense beside me as the footsteps were now directly overhead. They rushed into the room, and I instantly knew it was Pike.

My assumption was proven correct as a loud crash echoed above us. "Damn!" Pike sounded upset, and that made me smile. "We did what they wanted us to do."

After the words had left his mouth, I could hear Pike stomping from the room, most likely to search for us. Several pairs of footsteps followed after him. They were all leaving.

We all remained silent, waiting until we were sure it was safe to reveal ourselves above ground. Minutes passed before Octavia looked back to the group of us, giving a small nod before she reached up and pushed the floorboard aside.

She poked her head up, doing a quick scan before nodding her head toward us. "All clear." she confirmed, "Let's go."

I was the last one to be pulled up, Lincoln and Octavia there to help me. The cuffs still dug into my wrists as I emerged from underground.

"Good times." I grumbled, shooting Octavia a quick grin as she knelt down beside me.

"Makes you kind of miss it, hey?" she joked, quickly getting to work at freeing me from the cuffs. I let out a small laugh, shaking my head as my hands were finally freed.

Looking past Octavia, I watched as Miller and Abby rushed around the corner, Miller quickly bending down to help up Bryan who was now awake. Abby checked on the other guard before hurrying toward Kane who was seated on one of the beds in the room.

Octavia turned from me, passing Miller two extra guns. I let out a shaky breath...we were prepared to fight our way out of here.

"OKS, come in." Harper's voice was quiet and unsteady as it came through the walkie.

Octavia's face fell as she reached to grab the walkie, quickly pulling it from her belt.

"What is it?" Lincoln questioned, slight worry in his voice.

"This wasn't the plan." Octavia explained, looking down at the walkie. "W use their frequency so they could hear us." the minute she had given Lincoln the answer, she brought the radio up to her mouth. "Go ahead."

Harper's response was immediate. "Stay where you are." there was a slight pause. "Repeat, stay where you are. The exit is not clear."

Nervous glances began flying around the room as Octavia spoke into the walkie once again. "How many guards?"

"Too many." Harper answered. "I said stay put."

I felt my heart drop at Harper's warning. We were trapped in here.

I was just about to open my mouth and ask what the hell we were to do now, when another voice came through the radio. This time it wasn't Harper.

"Calling all guards. The prisoners are headed for the main gate. The prisoners are headed for the main gate. Over."

I looked to Octavia with a relieved smile. "That was Monty." I exclaimed, grateful that he had finally chosen the right side.

"Guess he's with us after all." Miller commented from where he stood.