02/ Birthday party

The lights penetrated through even though it was already getting to dusk, my skin dazzle by the effect, my gaze still fixed on my screen as I kept typing away.

Distance chatting and laughing was heard from next door this didn't take my attention off for once.

"Emma I need the file from yesterday" George Orwell said, the general manager, raising my eyes from the screen to meet his; he was with a blue suit and a red tie overall well dressed, not so old for his age.

"I gave it to Jenny  yesterday" I replied.

"Well, she hasn't brought it to me,  yet and you know we have a huge deal tomorrow, none of you should mess that up, I don't know how you want to get it but get it now" he said in one breath.

"I... would try to look for her, sir!" forcing the words out, as I tried  standing up to my feet, I stopped my tracks after hearing the sound of her heels, her scent was all over the place already, cat walking her way to us and handing him the file.

"There's also report of last week transactions,with the statement account, sir!" She stated and I took my seat.

"I never asked for the statement account, Jenny" he said.

"Then guess it was my hard-working spirit that made me think ahead" She let a little giggle,which I didn't find necessary.

I rolled my eyes to her phrase, I wouldn't call it; "Hard-working!" It rang in my head like an anthem now.

"Well it always good to have a personnel who thinks ahead of others" he said, I didn't know if he was subjecting it to me or not but I didn't really care.

After watching the whole drama I then focus my attention on the screen again.

"Um--Thanks Emma" She began.

I raised my brows expressing my confusion.

"You know for covering up for me, you're a sweetheart and the best head" She said with a little squeak.

That wasn't me covering up for anybody.

"You're welcome" I say and continued with my work,  ignoring her presence.

"You know today's my birthday" She said.

Don't care.

"Happy birthday" I said with little excitement, I was already stressed as it was already.

"So--I'm inviting everyone" She continued.

Just get out.

"You wanna come?" She asked.

"No! Not really into parties" I blurted out.

"Come on, loosen a bit will you? Don't act all firm and boring, you don't have to act all strict because you're the head of the finance department and all but have seen people like you also have fun too" she stated

People like me?

"Fine, I'll come" I agreed.

"Yipee! I'll send the address via email to you" she said before leaving.

Wait did I just say I'm going to a Birthday party?

"What do they wear on birthday parties? Goggle!" I blurted out, picking my phone up to search; 'What do they wear on Birthday parties ?'

I judged every cloth been brought up

Why I'm I so worked up about it? It just a party.

Ordering from an online shop, have always been that girl that was too lazy or too busy to go to the store and get her things.

Two hours, thirty minutes till the delivery man will be here, I'd use opportunity to complete my work for the day.  It took a while before my phone vibrated on the table, I peeped and it was a notification from Jenny. The location she sent doesn't look like a house but rather a club. So I decided to text her to be sure.

Jenny replied quickly which was to no surprise to me, she's always a social media freak.

Jenny texted; "No Silly,it at a club ,the one that just got opened last week".

"What !" This is definitely something to panic about, I've never been a fan of  crowd.

"Don't be scared you can do this , remember loosen up a bit"

The voice in my head sounded so confident than the host.

"I guess I can continue this tomorrow" I said out loud, looking at the time it was already seven thirty, I don't know what delaying him, switching off my system about leaving before I got a call, checking it up it was an unknown number.

"Hello!" I greeted first.

"Hello, delivery guy here to drop the package ordered for Ms Emma Carlus?

"Ooh! Yea, Where are you now?"

"The Gate!"

"Please be more specific...or never mind , I'll just find you instead, hold on" I left there without my handbag, coming down the never ending stairs felt like work I just imagined getting up back, assuming not for me been claustrophobic, I would have used the elevator i can't imagine getting stuck , snapping out of my thoughts. I was already outside and he was the first person I spotted,my package was in his arms and something of a booklet in the other arm, it was really cold as I hugged myself Walking towards him.

"Sign here!" He said gesturing me to a box on the paper. I did as I was told, After making all the necessary details, he finally gave me my package.

"Thanks!" I said.

"Welcome" He said smiling, revealing those set of white teeth before leaving, I knew it was fake.

I carried the package back to my Office, breathing heavily because of the stairs.

I opened it and saw the dress, This isn't how it looked online, It way too short, Just one hand?

Before I could make out another criticism, my phone rang, I checked the screen and it was Jenny, I picked.

"Where the hell are you, everyone's here ? She said over the phone.

How dare you yell at me!

"I'm on my way" I cut the call before she could utter another word.

Guess I'm wearing this then.

Wearing it and stared at the small mirror in the toilet of my office and to be honest I looked pretty good.

It brought my curvy ass plus the tightness of the short gown, my flat tummy was visible, the short hand rested on my elbow, my long brown hair brushed up on my back, I used the same shoe I used to work since i didn't have to time to rush home, besides it still suit, black suit anything, overall my face looked perfect even without putting on makeup, I just added a lipstick and lined my lips, brown skin girl I almost muttered proudly.

I folded my office cloth and placed it neatly in my drawer I'll take it home the next day.

_______________________________
Vote!!! :D

Follow

Comment

Next chapter on the way :)