16/ The night

~~~~~~~~~~~~
And guyssss I just created an IG Account for updates, personal ideas from y'all and stuffs like that, the Link's on my bio BTW.... TBVH I'm still considering the username I should use🤧😂 but oh well, here we go

IG: Obiageli.writes

__________________

He enters and I knew he was expecting me to do the same thing as he left the door open and for some reason I found myself entering and shutting the door behind me slowly engrossed with my own thoughts.

"Want anything?" he asked generously like a host.

"I'm good!" I said knowing full well Ill regret that sooner or later.

"Okay then, you can stay in one of the rooms since there are all empty" he offered and I sigh, who knows what will happen if I stay here and he tries to do anything funny, I knew the room would have a lock and I can lock it up and if he does tries anything Ill call the police, speaking of call wheres my bag?

I searched around hastily.

"Looking for something?" he asked.

"I can't find my bag or my phone" I said not for once looking up at him.

"I don't recall you holding a bag, maybe it was lost to the fight" he stated and I frown.

"My phone, fuck!" I uttered, the rest of the stuffs inside the bag wasn't that important as I don't even carry heavy cash on me ever since I got robbed.

"Ooh here" he said and I tilt my head up to stare at him stretching his hands with my phone on it, his face blank.

"Where did you get that?" I asked coming closer to collect it.

"When...." he stated as if considering if not to say it or not, rubbing his neck with his hands.

Nervous? I really didn't know.

"When I carried you on my shoulders" he said and I fixed my gaze on the white tiles my face probably red.

"O--oh--yeah" I stammered.

"Thanks" I said before he just gave a small shrug.

"Come this way" he ushered me when checking the time on his wrist watch I bet were made out of gold.

I followed him like a puppy.

The stairs were long enough like my working place but still if I were to give award I wouldve still chosen my working place that place can make you just sit down just to rest before climbing again.

I was already panting when we reached the last one to be climbed and I sigh in relieve.

We walked across the hallway and there was even a red carpet on the floor.

So many pictures were hung above us and some I can't even understand what they were but my eyes caught the one with eagle with red eyes on a finely made sculpture I went closer to have a better look forgetting I was following someone.

It had an inscription on it.

What seems perfect has a past.

"Like this one?" he asked and I turned my gaze to him.

"I guess" I said trying to fix my eyes on the painting but his presence wasnt helping at all.

"Never knew you were a fan of paintings" the word came out wrong but it has been said and cant be taken back.

He smiled and to be honest he looked pretty cute when he smiles and hot when he doesn't.

"They're a lot of things you don't know about me sweetie" he said and from the silence he gave I knew he regretted the last statement or not.