i. The End of the World

Rose and I ran away with an alien that has a bigger on the inside Police Box and it can travel in space and time. Rose and I stand by the console, hand in hand. "Right, Rose and Galaxy Tyler, you tell me - where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time? What's it gonna be?" he asks. "Galaxy can choose since she's the youngest person on board," says Rose. My arms fly up in annoyance. "Just because we don't know when I was born, doesn't mean I'm the youngest. I could be older than you," I bite back.

"Yeah, well mum only guessed your age and birthday. We don't know where you came from. You just showed up on our doorstep," says Rose.

"Whatever. I'm not in the mood at the moment. I'm just stressed," I say.

"Alright but where do you want to go?" she asks.

"Forwards," I blurt out whilst sitting down on the chair by the Doctor. The Doctor presses a few buttons, turns a dial on the console and then smiles at me. "How far?"

"Uh... One hundred years," I say thinking of the first number in my head. I watch as the Doctor pulls a lever and rolls some sort of wheel think. I look at the console slightly confused. "Why are there six sides?" I ask slightly confused.

"Six people. Six people can fly this. A lot of help actually when five other people are helping," he says.

"Then why don't you? Why don't you have five other people helping you?" I ask.

"It's a lot more difficult then you think it is. It would take years of training to be able to fly this and it's a lot harder then you think," he says.

"Well, I'm an easy learner. Ask Rose. She can back me up. I learned how to play the piano in a week," I say.

"Impressive but I'm not letting you learn how to fly this thing," he says.

"Hey. I won't break it," I retort but I don't think he is listening.

"There you go. Step out of those doors, it's the twenty-second century," he nods towards the doors. I look at Rose like he's mad. "That's just mad," says Rose.

"You're kidding," I laugh.

"That's a bit boring, though. D'you wanna go further?" he asks me. I look at Rose and she gives me a small nod. "Fine by me," says I say to the Doctor. He spins the wheel, pumps something and turns something else and the engine's startup. "Ten-thousand years in the future," he says as the engines stop pumping up and down. "Step outside, it's the year twelve-thousand and five; the New Roman Empire." The Doctor smirks at us and I roll my eyes. "You think you're so impressive, don't you?" I ask the Doctor.

"I am so impressive," he comments back to us.

"Think so, do ya?" asks Rose whilst I go and sit down on the jump seat by the Doctor. "Why don't you prove it, then?" I ask sitting down and I watch the Doctor's eyes light up. "Right, then, you asked for it," says tapping my nose and that makes me bow my head down slightly so my hair covers my cheeks whilst I blush. "Hold on!" he yells whilst pulling down a lever. I look back up at Rose and we share a smile, whilst she holds on the console but I don't grab onto the seat quickly enough and I fall onto the console room floor. "Ow," I moan. I feel the TARDIS land and I start to get up by grabbing onto the console. "Right, next time we get forwards for backwards in time, please warn me that I might need to hold on because jeez. That hurt," I say.

"Well, I could. But where's the fun in that?" asks the Doctor.

"Oh, haha. Very funny," I say sarcastically as the Doctor walks towards to me to finish helping me up. "Where are we?" Rose asks with a hint of excitement looking between the door and me and the Doctor, only to get a gesture by the Doctor to go to the doors. "What's out there?" I ask quietly, only to have him do it again but he winks at me. I smile and runs to Rose and grab her hand, yanking her over to the door. The two of us stop at the door and take a deep breath. Rose squeezes my hand and gently pushes the door open to see... a room? Seriously? We travelled to the future just to land in an ordinary room. I hear the buzzing noise and the shutters open. My eyes widen as I look out of it. Outside the window was Earth... oh my god. We're in space. Space. Literal space. "You lot," the Doctor quietly says behind me and Rose making me jump back into the Doctor's chest. "Jeez. Don't sneak up on us like that," I mutter grabbing Rose's hand and squeezing it, reassuring her that it'll be alright. "You spend all your time thinking about dying; like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids." I stare out of the window and look at Earth. "But you never take the time to imagine the impossible... maybe you survive. This is the year 5.5/apple/26," he tells us and I let go of Rose's hand when I hear this. "Five billion years in your future, this is the day... hold on..." he looks at his watch then back at the window and I walk towards the window and touch it and tilt my head so I get a better view of the earth. "This is the day the sun expands: welcome to the end of the world," he finishes softly. I look down at the earth and feel a teardrop onto my cheek. I feel a hand on my shoulder and someone else grabs onto my hand. "It's alright. You don't have to watch it," says the Doctor. I shake my head and wipe my eyes and say, "I'm glad I can be here when all of this happens."