i. Boom Town

After a few weeks, Jack is still travelling with us but it took me a while to warm up to him. He fits into our nice little trio nicely; smart and resourceful. The four of us just clicked. But now we're in Cardiff, again. We are parked by the Millennium Centre where the rift is to charge up the TARDIS and Rose has phoned Mickey Mouse up to pop by; of course, she couldn't just say she missed him and came up with something she needed from him.

Rose and Jack are sitting on the jump-seat, talking about whatever it is they talk about that are making them both laugh like school-girls. I am laying on the floor underneath the TARDIS trying to fix the navigation circuit. The TARDIS whispers in my head and I roll my eyes. "Oh, shut it will you. I'm trying to fix you since someone," I begin, pointing at the Doctor. "Has been damaging the navigation system and I'm trying to fix it so that we are somewhat near the time and date that he tells us."

"Oi. I didn't break her," the Doctor retorts.

"Yes, you did. And by the looks of it, you've been breaking her for quite a while," I tell him and he just groans and I snicker as I continue to fix the navigation.

A knock at the door echoes through the console room and Jack jumps up. "I'll get it!" he beams, running to the door.

I look at Rose from under the console and she looks at me and we both start laughing. We calm down after a few seconds and I continue on the console. "Who the hell are you?" he asks rudely, making me roll my eyes from under the console. I get out from under the console and walk over to the Doctor, grabbing his sonic screwdriver from him and going back under the console to connect some wires.

"What do you mean 'who the hell am I'? Who the hell are you!?" Mickey asks, scoffing.

"Captain Jack Harkness," Jack introduces. I put the sonic in my mouth to hold it whilst I grab onto two wires that need to be connected. "Whatever you're selling, we're not buying."

"Get out of my way!" Mickey says, barging past Jack.

"Don't tell me," Jack says, closing the door because I hear it click. "This must be Mickey Mouse."

"Here comes trouble," the Doctor calls down. "How're you doing, Ricky boy?"

"It's Mickey," Mouse, tells the Doctor.

"Don't listen to him," Rose sighs, getting off the jump seat and walking over to Mickey. "He's winding you up."

"Where's my so- Galaxy. Give it back," the Doctor tells me and I laugh quietly from under the console, finishing the wiring of the navigation. "You'll have it back in a minute. Let me finish fixing the poor girl. You really do bully her," I tell him and I hear Rose snicker.

"No, I don't," he denies.

The TARDIS lights up in agreement and I smile. "Well, the TARDIS seems to agree with me Anyways," I begin, getting out from underneath the console and standing up. "Catch."

I throw the Doctor his sonic and he caught it and I smile up at him before turning around and I see Rose and Mickey kissing. "Ew. PDA," I tell them, covering my eyes. "I'm seventeen for god's sake."

The two of them pull away and Mickey looks at me. "Sod off!" Mickey laughs, Rose beaming and pecking him on the lips once more and I walk over to him and pull him into a hug. "I missed you," I tell Mickey and he smiles, kissing me on the head.

"I missed you too, Lexy," he tells me and then lets go of me and I go and stand near the Doctor. "Aw, sweet! Look at these two," Jack sighs, watching Rose and Mickey with a smile. "How come I never get any of that?" he whines.

"Buy me a drink first," the Doctor calls down.

"You're such hard work," Jack says, pouting making me laugh at him.